Client Partner, Global Accounts, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1462832
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
Walmart Media Group is seeking experienced sales professionals to help build and sell Walmart Media Group’s advertising solutions to our key partners benefiting from our proven conversion driven and brand building solutions. You’ll contribute to a high-caliber team in a business that is experiencing rapid and dramatic growth. We are looking for demonstrated performance in a constantly changing, ambiguous environment; and problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
As a Client Partner on our Global Accounts team, you will report to an Industry Manager and use your 7+ years of experience selling digital advertising solutions to Walmart’s largest marketers. With your broad and long-standing client-side and agency relationships, consultative approach and deep understanding of the digital advertising landscape, you will act as a strategic partner to your assigned clients and sell a broad range of advertising solutions that will ensure that their business goals are met. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in selling cross-network marketing and creative solutions to multichannel advertisers.
With a proven understanding of both online and traditional marketing, this role will align with an Account Manager and counterparts within the Sales organization, to develop industry-specific marketing relationships and to drive revenue by negotiating and optimizing complex opportunities with strategic clients. Success in this position will require a proven ability to reach and influence executive level customers, ecosystem partners (PMD's and Agencies) close new business, and provide holistic marketing solutions.
- Revenue: Reach and exceed sales quotas while contributing to overall vertical and team goals
- Account Planning: Develop and actively manage short and long-term account plans based on client brand and performance marketing objectives
- Relationships: Develop and broaden high-level collaborative relationships, understand and identify contacts that manage multiple budgets (brand, shopper, DR, video, etc.), and close large JBPs with the Fortune 500 marketers
- Vertical/Industry Expertise: Partner with teammates and cross-functional partners to structure and execute operational and strategic initiatives – developing account plans, synthesizing market related data, leading client analysis and defining the overall business approach to Walmart Media Group’s success with digitally focused businesses
- Prospect: Prospect and penetrate organizations to drive alignment and influence executive and day-to-day contacts to execute against account plan
- Measurement & Insights: Collaborate with measurement partners to create learning agenda and to help clients measure the impact of Walmart Media Group’s measurement solutions
- Pipeline: Accurately and effectively manage sales pipeline in order to prioritize business opportunities and resources
- Thought Leadership: Serve as an industry thought leader in creative and digital advertising in order to drive creative and client success leveraging Walmart Media Group’s ongoing product and technology developments. Create and deliver consultative sales presentations using industry knowledge, market trends, and Walmart Media Group marketing solutions
- Executive Presence: Exhibit executive presence and confidence in presenting Walmart Media Group to CEOs and CMOs both at Walmart and at Suppliers/Marketers
- RFPs: Create and present needs-based solutions and high quality objective based opportunities to RFPs
- 7+ years experience in Marketing, Creative, Brand Advertising, Performance Marketing, e-Commerce Sales, Digital Video Sales, and/or Online Advertising
- 7+ years experience managing client direct accounts
- 3+ years’ experience as a proven strategic advisor working with C-Level clients
- Strong track record of high-level negotiation and successful internal and external relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and diligent follow-through
- Proven track record of successfully reaching and exceeding sales revenue goals through consultative sell
- Strong understanding of Walmart consumer behavior and how Walmart helps suppliers, marketers and consumers
- Strong analytical and Excel skills are essential, as well as curiosity, persistence, and the ability to solve problems in a structured manner
- Strong ability to apply operational rigor, methodologies and use technology to execute, assess, and explain complex brand and performance marketing solutions
- Experience in a fast-paced startup, sales, and/or online advertising environment strongly preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills