Senior Director, Advanced Analytics
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1462192
What you'll do at
At Walmart, we enable the connection between supplier brands and retail shoppers at unprecedented scale. As primary stewards of our brand promise, “Save Money. Live Better,” we work alongside some of the most talented people in the world to engage with the more than 150M households who shop with us. This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team within the largest company in the world. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable – and we have Walmart’s sales data to prove it. Walmart Media Group wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Walmart and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to Walmart’s overall growth strategy.
Walmart Media Group (the digital ad sales arm for Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle, Online Grocery, Vudu, etc.) is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for our suppliers, merchants, stores, GMs, brand advertisers, and agencies. Our full funnel ad solutions leverage Walmart’s in-store and online data, extensive reach, and to provide measurable results for our clientele. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service; these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, engage with Walmart consumers, and convert Walmart consumers to shoppers.
What you will be doing
We are in search of an Director of Analytics for the Walmart Media Group that will lead Marketing Science, Advanced Analytics/Reporting, Marketing Insights, and Yield Management teams.You will lead of highly skilled analytics and measurement team focusing on causal impact towards their omnichannel marketing spend across Walmart and it's network.
Your team will measure the impact of the marketers spend across the entire funnel from awareness to conversion across a variety of advertising products, media tactics, channels to identify the equilibrium between return on advertising spend and price.
On top of that, you will be a key evangelist in the Marketing and inspire the internal organization with quantitative case studies on effective outcomes across online & offline.
- Collaborate on measurement studies and performance tracking in partnership with key media partners to enhance our view of the customer.
- Lead and Inspire a team to drive outbound & inbound awareness and impact of the advertising campaigns.
- Build, manage, test incremental ROAS models, including MMM (Marketing Mix) and MTA (Multi Touch Attribution).
- Lead demand curve analysis and category and media investment scenarios.
- Lead Multivariate and A/B testing as an ongoing discipline to constantly improve campaign audience targeting, partner placement, and messaging.
- Guide the development of optimization tools which recommend optimal channel mix, category mix, and device mix for a given campaign goal.
- Develop your team by modeling integrity, servant leadership, and continuous improvement.
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6-8 years of experience in measurement, integrated marketing strategy & analytics, including managing technical resources and multiple priorities & milestones.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively manage projects, communicate effectively, and be a self-starter.
- Demonstrated thought leadership and relationship building/management with internal stakeholders including Marketing, Finance, and Engineering
- Experience working with and subjectively evaluating leading industry technology vendors, external publishers/networks and ad tech partners.
- Well versed in Advertising technology, including 3rd party ad-serving and tag management solutions and programmatic ad buying platform
- Extensive experience with A/B and Multivariate test design and implementation.
- Action-oriented analysis and recommendations: Focused on business outcomes to drive all priorities and accountability.
- Masters or PhD degree.
- 10+ years managing highly technical & external facing teams.
- Experience managing in a matrixed organization, serving multiple stakeholders.
- Experience and passion for working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Ability to work through ambiguity and drive for clarity of direction.
- Experience in omni-channel marketing, attribution and ROI measurement, including performance and awareness of online advertising.
- Experience with Mobile channel measurement.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills and ability to translate findings into actions that align to the needs of the business.
- Experience in various data visualization tools, and an understanding of the strengths of each.