Category Manager, Financial Services
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Entertainment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1455859
What you'll do at
Walmart eCommerce – whose brands include Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Modcloth, Bonobos and others – offers a variety of valuable services to enhance the customer experience. Walmart.com’s financial services portfolio includes a wide range of offerings that increase our customers’ purchasing power and provide convenience for their day-to-day financial transactions, ranging from credit and lending products to money transfers and check printing.
The Category Manager, Financial Services will be responsible for driving the strategy, financials and operational performance of a variety of services within the portfolio, focusing on growth initiatives, new features, customer experience, partner management and continuous improvement of end-to-end operating activities.
- Lead the strategic direction and day-to-day performance of a variety of Walmart financial services offerings.
- Develop and drive execution of the business growth strategy to deliver on the daily/weekly/monthly/annual financial plan. Look for ways to reduce the cost and increase the channel profitability.
- Create a growth-oriented roadmap and be the internal advocate for new features to develop in partnership with Product, UX and other internal teams.
- Drive operating and site improvements to ensure continuous improvement in conversion rate leading to higher acqusitions and spend.
- Monitor competitive/industry dynamics and manage the customer value proposition to ensure Walmart’s competitive positioning.
- Generate customer insights and make continuous improvements to customer value proposition balancing the cost and profitability.
- Engage consistently with Marketing team and external brands to drive promotions and co-op opportunities for the category.
- 4+ years of Financial Services or related retail management, product management and/or operations experience
- 2+ years of experience in a consumer-focused, e-commerce environment.
- Solid analytical skills and high ease working with Microsoft Excel.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must be motivated self-starter with excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and people management, P&L operating experience, analytical mindset, partner management and project management skills, and financial acumen with vision, creativity, and passion.
- Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically, highly skilled at influencing across the organization at all levels as well as ensuring flawless execution.
- Demonstrated high degree of ownership and integrity, attention to detail, excellent communication, and team approach in a fast-paced, fun, hard-working and customer-focused environment.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- MBA a strong plus
- Willingness and ability to travel as needed