Category Manager, Menswear
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ OR SAN BRUNO
- Department Retail
- Team Fashion
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1441109
What you'll do at
The Category Manager, Menswear Fashion is responsible for ensuring the Men’s fashion category has a market-leading assortment, excellent financial performance and a great shopper experience across all of Walmart’s Ecommerce brands – Jet.com and Walmart.com. Your goal is to create the ultimate online destination for customers who turn to Jet.com and Walmart.com first when they are shopping for Men’s fashion.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
Own the Men’s Fashion category – end to end – across all our ecommerce brands: You will be responsible for the performance of your category across all of Walmart’s Ecommerce brands –and be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, and pricing.
Build a best in class customer experience: You will be working alongside Site and Creative teams to determine what your category looks like, how products are sourced, found, displayed, delivered, and finally, marketed to our millions of customers around the USA!
Managing and inspiring a team of category experts: You will be a part of hiring, managing and inspiring our category experts, some fresh out of college, who will own subcategories within your categories and allow you to deliver an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across all our channels. Your category specialists will be mini-GMs, and you will manage them and ensure they are helping you build our boys fashion experience!
- Own category financial targets and KPIs (e.g. GMV and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Evolve and elevate the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise and identifying assortment gaps and opportunities
- Own and optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
- Own vendor relationships
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Collaborate with marketing and creative teams on category messaging
- Manage a team of category specialists and experts
How you’ll know it’s right:
- If you love fashion, trends and merchandising…
- If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes…
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done…
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
- If you want to run your own company one day…
- Bachelor’s degree in business, retail or related field and 5 years’ experience in business, retail or related field OR 7 years of experience in business, retail or related field
- BA/BS degree, with 8+ years of relevant professional experience within an e-commerce, retail merchandising or category management role
- Previous experience in the footwear industry
- At least three years’ experience supervising teams
- Experience building broad footwear assortments and scaling new businesses
- Proven track record of over delivering to financial plans and KPIs.
- Demonstrated ability to form long-term strategic business relationships, and comfort engaging with senior executives
- Proven ability to manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities simultaneously, work independently, and drive projects to completion with minimum guidance and high attention to detail
- Experience or demonstrated knowledge of online/offline retail or consumer internet technologies
- Demonstrated understanding of supply chain and sourcing processes preferred
- Experience in inspiring and managing teams
Walmart Ecommerce is changing the way the world shops. Our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, and dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience that saves customers every penny possible. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, and outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
This role can be based in either Hoboken, NJ or San Bruno, CA