Data Analytics Tools Specialist
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1440211
What you'll do at
Walmart Media Group’s Operations team is hiring an Internal Data AnalyticsTools Specialist to help us better understand, communicate, and to discover ways we can scale or improve operational efficiency. He or she will need to be able to understand how all the Walmart and partner systems interact through the life of the media campaign and reporting deliverables.
This position will play a key role in Walmart Media Group’s success, supporting Operations, Sales teams, advertisers, and products that enhance business growth potential, while driving the strategy and technology behind the online advertising and platform products we offer, focusing on providing scalable product solutions and reliable information, based on consultative analysis and timely communications.
Overall responsibilities for building internal software tools and solutions for the Walmart Media Group include:
• Work with our engineering team to migrate data to a new cloud based data infrastructure
• Build & integrate new platforms, tools, and solutions for our Analytics, Operations, and Sales teams.
• Work in a fast pace agile start-up utilizing scrum methodologies to automate and scale manual operations within teams.
• Write robust, test-driven code and work with teams to identify, understand, and integrate use cases into new and existing tools
• Help triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
• Solve hard problems, eager to learn new things, communicates clearly and loves to work in a collaborative environment
Ideal Candidate Must-Haves :
• 2-6+ years of experience
• Experience with React, python and/or java a plus
• Experience in developer platforms, tooling and infrastructure - integrating 3rd parties like Salesforce, Billing platforms, Analytics / Reporting packages.
• Designed and shipped user-facing features in a modern, component-based UI framework.
• You write high quality, well- tested code to meet the needs of stakeholders.
Preferred Qualifications :
• Experience with web application back-ends and RESTful APIs
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of algorithms and data structures
• Communicate thoroughly and effectively with stakeholders
• Collaborating with other engineers in API design and development
• Strong software engineering best practices (e.g. coding, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• Understanding of technical design; with the ability to pick up technical concepts quickly and learn when to apply them
• Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders; excellent communication, relationship building, and collaboration skills.
• Excellent data analysis skills, with the ability to pull from many different data sources and provide insights on that data.
• Some experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Sqoop, or Spark
• Knowledge of AdTech, advertising, or online ads landscape
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.