Manager, Business Development - Channel Partnerships
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1440106
What you'll do at
• Walmart.com is looking for a business development manager to grow business through partnerships with ecommerce technology vendors.
• This person will be responsible for sourcing and vetting prospective partners then helping them to succeed in working with Walmart/ Jet to drive retail partner (seller) performance.
• Joint business planning for strategic partners, defining go-to-market strategy and executing to meet business goals.
• An expert relationship builder, the person will represent the Walmart brand externally at C-level, and will be able to effectively communicate the value of Walmart selling channels including Walmart Marketplace, Walmart dropship vendor program and Jet.com.
• The ideal candidate will have an outstanding attention to detail, the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in order to focus on the activities that have the most impact and ensure all deadlines are adhered to.
• The candidate should be self-motivated and highly entrepreneurial, with a passion for chasing impactful business opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years’ experience in a partner facing role.
- Partnerships and/or business development experience in a fast growth, technology environment
- Online ecommerce and/or marketplace experience
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; ability to persuade, communicate vision and motivate people at every level, cooperative working style
- Strong general business knowledge base
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Works well with cross-functional teams: technical onboarding, product, program, legal, category, finance, marketing
- Performs well in an environment with competing priorities, multiple projects, and a virtual teams
- Detail-oriented and strong follow-through
- Positive, upbeat, can-do attitude with willingness to take the initiative
- Customer-first mind set
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Advanced degree and/or MBA
- Experience at a top tier consulting firm
- Proficient in using Salesforce.com
- Familiarity with API integrations