Product Manager, Retail Core Engine (Classification)
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1429337
What you'll do at
About the Position
Walmart continues to expand its online assortment and experiences at massive scale with new categories and leading sites such as ModCloth, Bonobos and Jet.com. To deliver a superior customer experience, we need a brilliant product manager who will ensure that the right products show up on the right "shelves" of our sites. Walmart's enterprise product content touches millions of users every day, both online and in stores, and we need to ensure that relevant products are discoverable exactly where our customers expect to find them.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will:
- Define product strategy for our next generation classification system.
- Build an effective roadmap and define user stories that support business objectives and user needs.
- Work at the confluence of data science, merchandising, taxonomy and engineering to deliver cutting edge solutions at unprecedented scale.
- Work closely with stakeholders and engineering to deliver the systems and tools that serve as the "source of truth" for all of Walmart's enterprise product content.
- Measure, learn and iterate following feature delivery.
- Serve as an internal and external evangelist for your product.
Who You Are
- You have a passion for and keen understanding of data analysis, classification, taxonomy and digital item management.
• You are able to identify external and internal customer needs and "bridge the divide" to develop technical product strategies, roadmaps and requirements that meet those practical needs.
- You are able to convincingly communicate product vision, solutions and benefits of our classification methodology to customers and stakeholders alike.
• You drive feature definition, planning and development efforts across technical teams with clarity and conviction.
• You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You have deep customer empathy, and champion the needs of customers and stakeholders throughout the development process.
• You are intellectually curious, technically savvy, and maintain a sense of humor and humility.
- 3 years of experience in e-commerce, online advertising and/or analytics.
- Proven track record of delivering top notch products that meet market needs and delight users.
- History of fostering strong cross-functional relationships between engineering, data science and business stakeholders alike.
- Strong execution skills and ability to “drive” throughout the product lifecycle, from concept to launch.
- Ability to develop and implement a product strategy and make dynamic adjustments as landscapes shift.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; comfortable presenting to executives, business and engineering alike.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field.
- 2+ years of product management experience.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field a plus.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.