Category Manager Wireless – Postpaid & Camera
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Entertainment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1427157
What you'll do at
Want to play an entrepreneurial role at the intersection of Technology and Business? The Category Manager Wireless – Postpaid & Camera, is responsible for Building and Scaling a Profitable Postpaid Wireless Business across Walmart’s ecommerce properties and gaining share in the Camera market. Centered on the most ubiquitous device in our lives, Wireless-Postpaid is a key category in Electronics, which is foundational to bringing new capabilities into organization and enabling the journey to 5G. You will be leading the business end-to-end, helping create a holistic shopping experience for the customer. By understanding the fast-evolving dynamics of the Industry to build a customer focused UX and partnering with Carriers to create an Assortment Offering/ Shopper Experience that differentiates us, you will deliver Customer Delight! Your ultimate goal is to enable Walmart.com and its affiliates to take advantage of scale and technology to build out THE destination for Cellphones online.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
OWN the Category: You will be THE Primary owner of the Category across all our eCommerce brands (incl. Walmart.com, Jet.com etc.) and be responsible for Financial Performance by managing Assortment, Pricing, On-site Merchandising, Supplier Relationships and Private Label
PARTNER with Support Functions: Work with Suppliers, Merchants, Product & Engineering, Marketing, Supply Chain and other Support Teams to Build out your Category (What to Sell, How it is Displayed, How Products are Found/Shopped, How Customers Interact with the website/app), Market it to Millions of our Customers around USA and Deliver an Outstanding Customer Experience
LEAD your Team: You will be a part of Hiring, Training, Managing and Guiding your own team of Category Specialists, who will own subcategories within your particular category, enabling you to create an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across all our channels. Working with them to build out processes, drive data integrity and technological innovation, you will deliver operating leverage in how we do business.
- Own category financial targets (e.g. GMV and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets, managing Open to Buy Forecasts
- Evolve the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise, close out assortment gaps and chart a path to differentiated category leadership
- Own vendor relationships and optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
- Build aspirational product stories & marketing assets, working with site merchandising/marketing partners to generate traffic drivers for distinct customer profiles through category messaging and promotions
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data (incl. Attributes), and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging
- Collaborate with Marketing teams around Category Promotions and Messaging
- Collaborate with Planning and Supply Chain Teams to Forecast and Deliver Instocks
- Drive team of category specialists to execute your strategies & iterate as needed, using effective communication & clear strategies
Who you are:
- You get excited by Cool New Gadgets…rolling out New Ideas!
- You enjoy building deep relationships with high-profile brands and negotiating for customer value
- You know how to make Scaling super-fast and super-fun!
- You love digging into both data and customer behavior
- You understand that the Execution is just as important as the Strategy
- You are a Team builder who can mentor and grow a high-performing team
- You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies, where the only constant is change!
- BA/BS degree, with additional 6+ years of relevant professional experience/education within, but not limited to, an eCommerce or retail merchandising, category management, management consulting and/or strategy development role
- MBA from a Top School
- Multi-Tasker and Deal Maker
- Process Expertise and Attention to Detail
- Data Junkie, who not only gets to the root cause of a problem but can also develop solutions
- 2 years of direct team leadership
- 4 years managing an ecommerce/technology business
- 8+ years of business management experience