Associate Product Manager, Partner APIs
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1427155
What you'll do at
Associate Product Managers at Walmart US Ecommerce are responsible for the execution of the product roadmap and drive the architecture for the next great e-commerce platform by combining their technical expertise with keen product knowledge. The ideal candidate for this role will be passionate about complex system interaction and software development process as well as communicating across business and engineering teams.
As the product owner for the Partner API, you will own the development of the next generation of partner APIs - primary way that Walmart marketplace and drop ship vendors interact with the e-commerce platforms. You will work with engineering, product and support teams to assess opportunities within the current API program to build a best in class integration offering. You will also be responsible for ensuring new sellers/suppliers can integrate seamlessly and measure the performance of the API program through a established set of KPIs and build capabilities at a massive scale.
Retail Core Engine Challenges
- Influencing development teams across multiple groups to gain consensus on strategy and tactics for developing core retail systems.
- Working at scale for one of the world's largest retail companies and it's e-commerce brands.
- Bringing together e-commerce systems from different stacks/interfaces/engineering cultures and making them work seamlessly.
- Building high availability, low latency systems to serve customers across multiple independent online stores.
Are you right for us?
- You have strong execution skills and ability to "drive" throughout the product lifecycle, from concept to launch.
- You have a passion for and keen understanding of data analysis, classification, taxonomy and digital item management.
- You are able to identify external and internal customer needs and "bridge the divide" to develop technical product strategies, roadmaps and requirements that meet those practical needs.
- You drive feature definition, planning and development efforts across technical teams with clarity and conviction.
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You have deep customer empathy, and champion the needs of customers and stakeholders throughout the development process.
- You are intellectually curious, technically savvy, and maintain a sense of humor and humility.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field.
- 1+ years of technical product management experience.
- Must be comfortable working with APIs and related tools.
- Working knowledge of at least one programming language.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; comfortable presenting to engineering, support teams etc.
- Operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Champions company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- 2-3 years experience in product management
- Experience with Open API and Swagger tools is a strong plus
- Prior experience developing API products or ecosystems in eCommerce / Marketplace is a big plus.
- Proficient in office productivity (Excel/PowerPoint) and project management (Jira/TFS) tools.
- Working knowledge of a cloud technology stack.
- Experience with iterative software development methodologies- Agile, SCRUM, etc.
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.