Director Product Management - Ad Manager & Unification
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1422619
What you'll do at
The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role building compelling, impactful and scalable advertising solutions designed to support the needs of the world's largest brands. The role is founded on the use of data and insights across all Walmart stores and digital properties such as Walmart, Jet, Moosejaw, etc. to bring a full-service Ad Manager product to life. To be successful in this role, you will need to be a data-driven innovator, influencer, problem solver and excellent communicator.
Walmart seeks a candidate who is knowledgeable and passionate about helping our advertising partners succeed across Walmart's digital advertising ecosystem. The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to engage with teams across the Walmart organization heavily.
This role is a leadership position building out the next generation of Walmart advertising platforms. The role will have a significant focus on the unification of Walmart’s ad platforms, building self-serve experiences for advertisers and agencies and helping to set and execute on both long and short term product strategies.
Excellent cross-functional leadership, analytical and communication skills, and comfort with ambiguity are a must.
- Tight coordination with engineering to design and approve all client facing ad products
- Ability to set product strategy and lead teams to execute on spec and schedule
- Accountable for development and performance of all advertiser and agency-facing interfaces
- Manage products through alpha and beta tests, coordinate with cross-functional teams for product launches
- Ability and willingness to work in the field with sales, partners, and advertisers to ensure market insights and advertiser needs are captured (first hand) and integrated into our platforms
- Work with sales to ensure effective communication and collaboration
- Develop PRD/Specs that detail scope, market sizing, competitive rationale, technical feasibility.
- Distill and prioritize product feedback from multiple sales and partnership channels
- Analyze product performance-evaluate and explore new strategic opportunities for revenue-driving products
- Coordinate with engineering to support LOE estimates and associated impact to roadmap GTM timing.
- 10+ years work experience in a corporate or startup environment
- Previous background in online advertising/digital media or advertising analytics
- Strong communication skills with technical, business, and external stakeholders
- Track record of influencing behavior at a variety of levels in the organization, including cross-functional leaders
- Customer-service orientation and experience in a client-facing capacity
- Demonstrated ability to drive resolution in the context of competing perspectives
- BA/BS degree