Senior Manager - Head of Retail Tooling Design and Communications
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1420659
What you'll do at
About the Team
As the nucleolus to the Walmart eCommerce shopping experience, the Retail Core Engine Team is dedicated to solving complex and exciting challenges that will redefine the eCommerce experience and empower shoppers. As a leader in the Bber Tool for Category and Item Product vertical, you will define and drive solutions that influence the behavior of our customers. Each solution is an opportunity to drive value and design features that affect millions of customers shopping at Walmart each day. Our agile team collaborates with the engineering and business stakeholders to maintain and nurture roadmaps that define an experience from supplier to customer.
About the Position
In this role, you will solve challenges related to effortlessly listing and perfecting assortment across multiple platforms from all of Walmart’s partners and suppliers. You will also define workflows from descriptive analytics to decision making to execution that enables efficiency and effectiveness for Category Specialists manage their categories. For Walmart to complete these functions, we must enable our business and operations teams to effectively manage the workload and help them prioritize efforts.. With the large amount of information available related to Walmart’s catalog of items – you will need to create intuitive designs that organized information effectively. As new features role out, we should communicate the changes both within our design language but also through internal product marketing (i.e. communication emails, in app training, help centers). This role will partner with Product to ensure that all functions of the design and communication strategy make all item tooling easy to understand and use.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will:
- Manage a team of designers and internal marketers, defining the culture in your team and spreading your influence other teams
- Balance technical acumen, user empathy and business insights to build an effective design and communication strategy for our tooling suite
- Balance multiple priorities and clearly communicate with product managers and business stakeholders
- Design item management solutions that help innovate and drive values for the larger retailer in the World
- Come up with new concepts that help simplify an endless stream of information available in Walmart’s item catalog
- Own design and experience for tooling that powers Walmart’s Retail Engine including Stores Item Management, Online Item Management, and Category Management
Who Are You
- You have a passion for product, design, and communications. You want to make your user happy by making their job easier.
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You are intellectually curious, savvy, and maintain a sense of humor and humility.
- You don’t settle for good enough, you strive for great in every aspect of you work
- Culture matters to you, and so does design of the products you build.
- You want to grow those around you and constantly look to improve your own insights and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or Design
- 6-10 years’ experience working with product management, Ecommerce experience a plus.
- Proven leadership and management experience