Search Product Analyst
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1417625
What you'll do at
About the Job
The Walmart.com Search team assists in providing the best shopping experience to the Walmart.com consumer. This team is responsible for the performance of Walmart.com’s internal search engine. With millions of new & unique searches per month – and growing – we strive to continuously improve search relevancy and the speed in which we return those results by identifying “bad” searches and improving them via manual intervention and feature development. The Search Product Analyst will continuously monitor inbound search queries, volume, and relevancy to suggest & implement tactics we can leverage to improve these “bad” queries.
- Track and analyze search quality bugs.
- Identify and create query/index override rules as needed.
- Manage lists of synonyms, stop words, and stem exclusions.
- Understand and troubleshoot basic technical issues with search results.
- Monitor and improve search quality across Walmart.com platforms.
- Ensure accurate search results show up for highly searched keywords.
- Analyze data and website content to reduce number of searches with no relevant results.
- Make ongoing recommendations to resolve issues in product content, search ranking, node pinpointing, product classification & normalization, and taxonomy.
- Collaborate with technical teams to implement new search and catalog features and correct any defects that are discovered.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses as required.
About the Ideal Candidate
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking abilities.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent projects while working independently and in teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL.
- Experience with R or Python not required but a plus.
- Experience with and knowledge of Search Platform (like Elasticsearch or Apache Solr) and Natural Language Processing is not required but is a big plus.
- Bachelor degree or higher.
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.