Director, Financial Services
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Entertainment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1412504
What you'll do at
Walmart eCommerce – whose brands include Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Modcloth, Bonobos and others – offers a variety of valuable services to enhance the customer experience. Walmart.com’s financial services portfolio includes a wide range of offerings that increase our customers’ purchasing power and provide convenience for their day-to-day financial transactions, ranging from credit and lending products to money transfers and check printing.
The Director, Financial Services will be responsible for driving the strategy, financials and operational performance of the financial services portfolio, focusing on growth initiatives, new offerings, customer experience, partner management and continuous improvement of end-to-end operating activities.
- Manage and lead all aspects of financial services, including the P&L, top-line growth, services offering, site merchandising, supplier and third-party partnerships, and long-term strategy to drive growth, customer preference and loyalty.
- Create a growth-oriented roadmap and be the internal advocate for new features and offerings. Partner with third-party providers and internal leaders across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Customer Care, Merchandising and Walmart Stores to deliver a world-class omni-channel customer experience.
- Drive alignment across multiple cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ensure the achievement of business objectives.
- Attract, retain, and develop a world-class team.
- Continuously improve processes, data integrity, and systems to deliver operating leverage in how we do business.
- Leverage the enterprise's advantages to build scalable high growth businesses around immediate and emerging opportunities.
- 10+ years in a leadership role in general management, brand management, and/or product management.
- 10+ years of experience in the Financial Services industry, with deep expertise in industry trends, economics and opportunities
- 5+ year experience in a direct-to-consumer eCommerce environment
- BA/BS required; MBA or equivalent preferred.
- High organizational EQ with the ability to effectively collaborate and motivate cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability and bias to use data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations and drive actions.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, test & learn environment.
- Proven ability to combine vision with execution, understanding the broad landscape of opportunities while making tough prioritization decisions.
- Passionate about baking customer service into the organization’s culture.
- Strong coach and mentor with a track record of building, driving and managing a high performing team.
- Passion for eCommerce and for Walmart US eCommerce’s mission.