Director, Assortment Analytics and Strategy
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1396440
What you'll do at
In a world where most of the retail customer experience is being commoditized, assortment will be a true differentiator. The Director, Assortment Analytics and Strategy lead direction of Walmart US Ecommerce’s assortment targeting, strategy, and insights. Your goal is to use analytical frameworks to help us better understand the hundreds of millions of items in the market, which we should sell, and how to do so.
Challenges you’ll be tackling
- Understanding the value of any item in the market to Walmart, Jet, or any of our respective sites.
- Assessing which products we should carry, and how we’ll carry them
- Determining the impact of cannibalization and paralysis of choice (e.g., how many rolls of toilet paper is too much toilet paper?)
- Ensuring senior leaders understand the direction we need to go and empowering their teams to use this information tactically
- Powering our decisions with massive sets of internal and third-party data
- Drive the strategy for the assortment offered through the Walmart US Ecommerce sites, across all categories
- Build easily-digestible, yet informative analytical frameworks to empower hundreds of category managers with intelligence and decision factor on the assortment of items they carry.
- Lead efforts to build out one of the most comprehensive assortment intelligence datasets – combining syndicated data, third party panels, scraping, and internal data together
- Mine data for trends to identify types of items will be successful in the future, and insights on what’s driven success historically
- Establish an end-to-end solution to guide teams through the entire lifecycle of assortment management - targeting, sourcing, inventory management and eventually discontinuing products.
- Mentor and train a team, improving both the insights they generate and how they can communicate them to be more impactful
- Collaborate with senior leaders to tailor recommendations and approaches to meet the needs and nuances of their category, channel, or domain.
How you’ll know it’s right
- If you want to shape the future of e-commerce by working with one of the richest data sets in the world…
- If you like distilling the signal from the noise, and helping others do the same…
- If connecting the dots between high level strategy and tactical actions infects you…
- If helping implement your insights are as exciting as generating them…
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
- If you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies around where the only constant is change…
- Minimum of 10-12 years of full-time work experience in a highly analytical capacity
- Experience quantitative analysis based on large amounts of data
- Experience with SQL, Python, Tableau (or similar)
- Experience managing a team of 2-8 people
- Graduate Degree or MBA
- Understanding of statistical analysis; experience with packages, such as R, Python, SAS etc.
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop)
- eCommerce experience
About Walmart US eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime and anywhere using online, mobile, social and stores. Walmart’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.