Product Manager, Content Quality
- Location SUNNYVALE, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1316069
What you'll do at
About the Position
Walmart continues to expand its online assortment and experiences at massive scale with new categories and leading sites such as ModCloth, Bonobos and Jet.com. To deliver a superior customer experience across all categories, we need a passionate product leader who will help drive our content strategy to ensure customers can easily find and buy the items they're looking for. Walmart's enterprise product catalog touches millions of users every day, both online and in stores, and ultimately makes the difference between a sale or a bounce.
What You'll do
In this role, you will:
- Define product strategy for evaluating and refining product content quality across all content quality pillars.
- Build an effective roadmap and define user stories that support business objectives and user needs.
- Work at the confluence of data science, merchandising, taxonomy and engineering to deliver cutting edge solutions at unprecedented scale.
- Work closely with engineering to deliver the systems and tools that serve as the "source of truth" for all of Walmart's enterprise product content.
- Work closely with cross functional stakeholders to champion and transform content quality methodology.
- Measure, learn and iterate following feature delivery.
- Serve as an internal and external evangelist for your product.
Who are You
- You are an analytical powerhouse able to partner closely with Data Science and Analytics to create algorithms that accurately drives accountability for world-class content.
- You are able to convincingly communicate product vision, solutions and methodologies to customers, stakeholders, and executives alike.
- You have a passion for and keen understanding of data quality, product taxonomy and digital item management.
- You are able to identify external and internal customer needs and develop product strategies, roadmaps and requirements that meet those needs.
- You drive feature definition, planning and development efforts across technical teams with clarity and conviction.
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity.
- You have deep customer empathy, and champion the needs of customers and stakeholders throughout the development process.
- You are intellectually curious, technically savvy, and maintain a sense of humor and humility.
- 5+ years of experience in e-commerce, online advertising and/or analytics.
- Proven track record of delivering top notch products that meet market needs and delight users.
- History of fostering strong cross-functional relationships between engineering and business stakeholders alike.
- Strong execution skills and ability to “drive” throughout the product lifecycle, from concept to launch.
- Ability to develop and implement a product strategy and make dynamic adjustments as landscapes shift.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills; comfortable presenting to executives, business and engineering alike.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Systems, or related field.
- 3-5 years of product management experience.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field a plus.
About the Retail Core Engine Team
As the nucleolus to the Walmart eCommerce shopping experience, the Retail Core Engine is dedicated to solving complex and exciting challenges that will redefine the ecommerce experience and empower shoppers. The Item Management Product team is focused on the setup and management of goods that suppliers want to sell through Walmart. As a member of the Item Management Product team, you will help drive solutions that influence the behavior of our suppliers and customers. Each solution is an opportunity to drive value and design features that affect millions of customers shopping at Walmart. Our agile team collaborates with the engineering and business stakeholders to maintain and nurture roadmaps that define an experience from supplier to customer.
About Walmart US eCommerce
Walmart U.S. eCommerce is comprised of Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle, Shoes.com, Moosejaw, VUDU, ModCloth & Bonobos. Here, innovators incubate next gen e-commerce solutions in real-time. We integrate online, physical, and mobile shopping experiences for billions of customers around the globe. How do we do it? We continuously build and invest in new technology including open source tools and big data innovations. The world's largest retailer is also the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic ecommerce organization. We are creating a seamless experience that lets customers shop anytime and anywhere using online, mobile, social and stores. Walmart’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce.