Category Lead, OTC Health
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Everyday Living
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1315057
What you'll do at
What you'll do
The Category Lead – OTC Health, is the business owner of an assortment of Health products across the suite of Walmart US eCommerce websites – including Walmart.com and Jet.com. Your ultimate goal is to oversee a team to expand your business, grow profitably, and make our sites the most compelling destination online to shop your assortment. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Health and Beauty.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
Own the Health OTC business – end to end – across all our eCommerce brands: You will be responsible for the performance of your category across all of Walmart’s eCommerce brands (Walmart.com, Jet) – and be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, and pricing.
Develop and manage relationships with top CPG companies: Your suppliers will be among the top CPG companies in the world. You will become become an expert in their products, jointly create promotional campaigns, and empower them to optimize their business on our sites.
Managing and inspire a team of category experts: You will be a part of hiring, managing and inspiring our category experts, some fresh out of college, who will own subcategories within Health and allow you to deliver an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across all our channels. Your category specialists will be mini-GMs, and you will manage them and ensure they are helping you build our Health OTC experience!
In this position you will:
- Own category financial targets and KPIs (e.g. sales and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Evolve and elevate the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise and identifying assortment gaps and opportunities
- Optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
- Work with planning and supply chain partners to manage owned inventory in your category
- Own vendor relationships, including negotiating product costs and supplier funding
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Collaborate with marketing and creative teams on category messaging
- Manage and inspire a team of category specialists and experts
This is the right position for you:
- If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward
- If you want to run your own company one day
- 6+ years of proven experience in retail; eCommerce experience preferred
- 3+ years of managerial experience preferred
- Strong analytical skillset; ability to identify relevant data sources and extract insights from data
- Sound commercial acumen; track record of developing and executing strategies aligned to business goals, and taking calculated risks while appropriately managing trade-offs
- Proven track record of establishing and developing business relationships, and in complex negotiations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Walmart eCommerce is changing the way the world shops. Our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, and dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience that saves customers every penny possible. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, and outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.