Online Taxonomy Specialist
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Entertainment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1304230
What you'll do at
Please note - this role is Internally referred to as a "Site Merchandising Specialist - Structured Data"
As an Online Taxonomy Specialist, you are responsible for creating a best in class customer experience through effective site merchandising strategies and execution. You will be directly responsible for optimizing the site experience by leveraging analytics, comp research and industry best practices to improve Walmart’s structured data for several product categories. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends, synthesize information from multiple touch points and create business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Site Merchandising and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans to improve customer experience and conversion.
- Maintains a strong vision for future site improvements driven by passion for delighting our customers.
- Exhibits strong aptitude of competitive landscape and leverages to drive business improvements.
- Develops and plans strategies for product attribution to improve the results in product listing (shelf) and Walmart search.
- Sets prioritizes and established deadlines with off-shore team and catalog team to implement attribute strategies and improve structured data quality.
- Understands customer feedback, analyzes trends and develops insights about buyer group preferences and buying patterns to optimize customer experience and drive category performance.
- Works closely with Category Management & Category Marketing teams to identify any gaps or needs with site capabilities as they relate to structured data and follows up with corresponding product teams to implement fixes and enhancements.
- Encourages an environment of operational excellence and flawless execution to achieve a best in class site experience.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in consumer-focused e-commerce environment
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable making data-driven decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Adaptable and demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Keen attention to detail
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Prior Site Merchandising or structured data experience
- Ability to “be the customer” in order to improve site experiences.