Manager Of Customer Success, Sponsored Search
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1297530
What you'll do at
Manager, Customer Success for Sponsored Search
Walmart Media Group is the internal Advertising team within Walmart.com. We operate at the intersection of Retail, Ecommerce and Advertising within the largest Retailer in the world.
This is a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility team that’s poised to have a big impact. Anchored by the world’s largest retail audience, we help brands engage with Walmart customers with full funnel advertising solutions. And we’re building products and platforms to meet the ever changing needs of our brand partners across display, audience and product search advertising.
Within our advertising suite, we’ve developed and launched a self serve Product Search Advertising platform (WPA) that enables our suppliers to directly buy product search ads on Walmart.com. And we’re looking for a proven Manager to build and lead a Customer Success Team to work with our Marketplace and Supplier partners to leverage WPA to grow their business on Walmart. It’s early days for our group and you’ll have the opportunity to develop the foundation for growth by leading a team of Customer Success Specialists.
This is a rocket ship…..we have a seat for you if you’re up to the task.
This position will report to the Director of Sponsored Search within the Walmart Media Group and will be located in our San Bruno, California offices.
What You Will Get To Do:
- Develop the GTM strategy and lead a team to drive WPA revenue growth across our Marketplace and First Party Suppliers.
- Build a repeatable and scalable sales plan including training, processes, playbooks and materials for a team of Customer Success Specialists.
- Develop dashboards and reports to accurately measure, manage and communicate up the status of the business.
- Identify gaps and opportunities for improving the existing platform.
- Exceed revenue targets.
- Have a background in digital advertising with strong background in search and PLA’s.
- Are experienced with CPC and performance based ad products
- Have worked in the advertising industry preferably as a publisher or agency selling or managing search programs.
- You understand Retail ad budgets and strategy including co-op, shopper and brand.
- Are grounded in analytics, advertising data/tech, and search advertising technologies and methods, paired with strong analytical quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Are resourceful in maneuvering through a large company while working in a nimble and fast paced environment – ability to adapt and thrive in any business situation .
- Have built and managed customer success, account management or sales teams. And you have an eye for talent.
- Strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills along with cross company collaboration chops. Ability to be clear, concise, and effective in communication.
- Capability to work proactively under pressure and handle multiple ad hoc requests.
- High level of comfort escalating and presenting key issues to management.
- Tactical and strategic thinker to help influence suppliers’ investment in Walmart media/advertising.
- 10 years of experience in Advertising, Media or Ecommerce/Retail
- 5 years of leadership experience in customer success or account management in advertising.
- 4 year degree.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Expertise in raw data analysis, analytics tools, your second home is Excel.
- CRM, Salesforce experience
- Retail or e-commerce experience