Site Merchandising Specialist, Site Operations
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Entertainment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1295765
What you'll do at
As a Site Merchandising Specialist – Site Operations, you are responsible for creating a best in class customer experience through effective site merchandising strategies and execution. You will be directly responsible for optimizing the site experience for taxonomy, product listing (shelf) and search by leveraging analytics, comp research and industry best practices. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends, synthesize information from multiple touch points and create business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Site Merchandising and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans to improve customer experience and conversion.
- Maintains a strong vision for future site improvements driven by passion for delighting our customers.
- Exhibits strong aptitude of competitive landscape and leverages to drive business improvements.
- Serves as an advisor to Category Management & Category Marketing; identifying potential enhancements on visual merchandising plans and seasonal campaigns leveraging customer based analytics to improve conversion, repeat visit and other KPIs.
- Tests and evaluate the effectiveness of merchandising strategies; refines as part of continuous improvement process.
- Encourages an environment of operational excellence and flawless execution to achieve a best in class site experience.
- Ensure SEO value is maximized by using best practices and proper implementation of clear-text, alt-text, SEO copy blocks, canonical URLs and re-directs.
- Manages site taxonomy build & product listing (shelf) rules at the category level, ultimately helping to execute the Category Managers strategy properly through Site Merchandising best practices; providing insight to the team based off of real world data, tests and competitor actions.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Works closely with the creative team, providing direction based on Category Management priorities, seasonality and Site Merchandising insights.
- Review site map and remove duplicate site experiences.
- Build site navigation within specific product categories; to increase findability and improve customer experience while shopping the site.
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in consumer-focused e-commerce environment
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable making data-driven decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Adaptable and demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Keen attention to detail
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Prior Site Merchandising experience
- Experience with writing creative briefs
- Ability to “be the customer” in order to improve site experiences.