Site Merchandising Senior Manager, Jet.com
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department -
- Team Urban Grocery Operations and Curation
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1291582
What you'll do at
The Site Merchandiser is responsible for leading the strategy, assortment curation, site merchandising and development of our customer experience at Jet.com. Your ultimate goal is to collaborate with marketing and the category teams to ensure we provide the consumer the optimal shopping experience on Jet.com. The right candidate will demonstrate a winning attitude, be flexible, action and results oriented, analytical and self-starting. They will partner with cross functional teams in business and technology to drive efficiencies with automation and optimize the customer’s shopping experience on Jet.com.
This role could support one of the following businesses; Jet Urban Grocery, Everyday Living, Fashion, Entertainment or Enthusiast and Professional.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
- Own your category – end to end – across all our ecommerce brands: You will be responsible for the performance of your category across Jet.com Ecommerce brands and be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, and pricing.
- Work with product and marketing to build your Grocery brands and enhance the customer experience:You will be working alongside embedded marketing and product resources to determine what your category looks like, what products are selected, found, displayed, and finally, marketed to our urban grocery consumer.
- Managing and inspiring a team of category experts: You will be a part of hiring, managing and inspiring our category site experts, some recently out of college and trained as Category Specialists.
- Meeting the needs of our customers: stay abreast of the competition and learn the latest tools and technology to analyze data and insights at scale.
- Curate the Jet.com Assortment: work closely with category manager team, analytics, finance and marketing to understand the key drivers of the category. Use this information along with Jet strategy to identify the ideal channel, brand and product selection for Jet.com.
- Support Sub Category Perfection: proper taxonomy, attribution, basic & enhanced content as well as strategies to improve SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Executing the optimal shopping experience: collaborate with marketing to create category specific engagement via marketing, landing pages, story-telling, solution-oriented experiences, proper reviews and personalization.
- Have a creative, strategic, and nimble mindset and proven track record of executing strategies to optimize a multi-faceted business.
- The Site Merchandising Manager will be responsible for a significant percentage of Jet’s overall revenue and have a substantial and immediate impact on the success of Jet Retail.
- Own category financial targets (e.g. GMV and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Assortment: Select assortment that meets the need of the Jet consumer and overall P&L (Trendy Premium, Mainstream & Value). Collaborate with General Managers and Category Managers to close those gaps on key Have It Brands and manage the ideal assortment mix 1P/3P. Establish a process that ensures assortment is current and relevant.
- Price: Monitor pricing within the category to ensure pricing strategies are maintained. Drive higher ASP by managing mix across trendy, premium, mainstream and value products.
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Content/Shop-ability: Work with editors, writers and content sources to ensure sub-categories have the appropriate content, reviews, and shop-ability features. Coordinate with the General Manager and cross-functional teams to aggregate and drive key UX and product enhancements for your sub-categories. Hold a critical and creative awareness of your business on Jet, industry themes and the competitive landscape in order to stay on the cutting edge of product and e-commerce advancements impacting your category.
- Building a Team and Developing People: Translate vision and strategy into action through mobilizing the direct and cross-functional teams to drive key levers impacting category excellence.
You’re a risk taker—a dreamer that delivers. You have big ideas and can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know what’s happening in the food and grocery world. You have a passion for innovation at the intersection of Food and eCommerce. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
- MBA or Masters Equivalent, with 4 – 6 years of relevant professional experience within, but not limited to, an e-commerce or retail merchandising, category management, business development and/or strategy capacity at a top tier consulting or investment banking firm.
- A leader within the business and someone who can serve as a strong advocate of Jet’s culture centered on Trust, Transparency & Fairness
- Experience developing and executing strategic initiatives that drive business goals and margin expectations. Ability to grasp a firm understanding of the many intricacies of a business and a track record of taking action on how improvements can be accomplished once insights are made
- Uplifting attitude and someone who is willing to take risks and be creative and collaborative.
- Experience working in content management systems and a clear understanding of eCommerce marketing and how to create marketing strategies that deliver topline growth.
- 2+ Years experience with Omniture, Web analytics, customer metrics, KPIs and financials, A/B testing
- 2 Years+ eCommerce Experience within retail, Web build, Visual Merchandising
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, mobile apps, responsive design
- Consulting background or prior strategy role. Experience identifying opportunities, developing 360 business strategy and managing a matrix to deliver business results.
- Analytical with strong financial acumen. Ability to run analysis on new business models to assess viability of new business development solutions.