Director, Supply Chain Management- San Bruno, CA
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Operations
- Team Replenishment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1289470
What you'll do at
About the Job
We want passionate, driven, visionary leaders with track-records of performance to join us in building our best-in-class supply chain. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated passion for managing their own business, as they will be given significant ownership over a portion of Walmart Ecommerce’s Supply Chain operations. This role will work closely with many other people in the organization especially the Fulfillment Center and Category management.
- Build, hire and mentor a team of managers and associates
- Partner with Category management team to meet business and operational targets
- Lead execution of daily processes with maniacal attention to detail – purchase inventory, troubleshoot problem items, and track orders to 100% accuracy
- Develop our next generation supply chain systems, working with our engineers to prioritize the most impactful improvements.
- Deliver immediate, proactive, whatever-it-takes support to our fulfillment centers
- Lead our team through your daily example, contributing to our values, our norms, our high standard of performance
- Analyzes inventory levels and supports the development of a replenishment strategy based on current sales trends for multiple categories with few complexities.
- Develops strategic solutions to optimize the ordering approach and optimize delivery process.
- Monitors KPIs (e.g., OnTimeShipment/ Pickup and OnTimeDelivery) for multiple categories with few complexities
- Collaborates with key vendors to drive improvements on key metrics, such as fill rate, lead time and out of stock for categories with few complexities
- Develops solutions to recurring issues within the fulfillment center based on knowledge of Walmart operations
- Partners with multiple category GMs and/or Super GM to build and execute plans and actions to support the categories’ and company’s financial targets and objectives
- Ensures associates are receiving learning and development opportunities (e.g. training, mentoring) for the good of the associate and Walmart
- MBA or relevant Master’s Degree (Operations, Supply Chain) from a graduate program with demonstrated high academic achievement
- 10+ years of professional experience or relevant internships in a highly analytical, data intensive and/or strategic role, preferably with significant experience in Supply Chain and/or online retail.
- Track-record of effectively managing teams to complete multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities with minimum guidance.
- Ability to manipulate large quantities of data to drive business decisions is a must – expert in Microsoft Excel required and expert in Microsoft SQL a big plus.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Startup mentality: scrappy, creative, and constantly iterating to be best-in-class
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.