Compliance, Safety & Asset Protection Lead
- Location BRONX, NY
- Department Operations
- Team Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1277599
What you'll do at
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
This position is responsible for the operation of a department. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties as assigned and/or necessary.
The Compliance, Safety, & Asset Protection (CSAP) Lead’s key objectives are (but not limited to):
- Observe and identify safety concerns
- Help associates in need and provide First Aid Care
- Teach and train associates on safe work practices
- Identify and communicate security/shrinkage concerns
- Monitor and advise 3rd Party Security Personnel
- Execute all responsibilities per the Safety, Environmental Compliance, and Security Standard Operating Procedures.
Pilferage or Theft
- Watch for empty containers, packaging, boxes, etc.
- Check in and around trash cans and dumpsters for items, packages, or labels.
- Check fire exit and dock doors for freight or other items sitting outside. If found, immediately notify the CSAP Operations/ Process Manager.
- Communicate all findings to the CSAP Operations/ Process Manager.
- Respond immediately to the scene of the incident and investigate.
- Talk with the those involved in the incident/ accident, all witnesses and collect statements.
- Note damage to equipment, merchandise, stationary objects, etc.
- If there is an associate injury, advise the CSAP Operations/ Process Manager. Give first aid assistance if needed.
- Notify Maintenance of damage to racks and equipment. If equipment malfunction is claimed or suspected, tag out the equipment until Maintenance can verify.
- Keep all traffic clear until the area is safe.
- Complete the appropriate report for the incident/ accident type.
- While roving, the CSAP Lead will document all unsafe acts and will refer those acts to management for follow up.
- Ensure PIT Operators are following Safe Rules for Operations are followed per the PIT Training Procedure.
- Verify associates are following all Safe Work Practices (i.e. Safe Lifting, Ladder & Step Stool Safety).
- Observe associates for deliberately damaging or opening freight, and for any suspicious activity such as pilferage, concealing, misplacing items to be recovered later, or passing items from one associate to another.
- Observe the indoor facility perimeter to ensure non-associates are escorted at all times while in the facility.
Hazardously Stacked Freight
While roving, watch for damaged, opened, or improperly stacked freight in racks, modules, and bulk areas. Watch for freight that is leaning, leaking, or in any way presents a hazard for associates in the area.
Ensure security cage doors (if applicable) are secured. If no one is inside, the cage should be locked. Only designated associates are allowed access.
The CSAP Lead will look for stray or damaged cases when on the floor. Verify product is located in the correct location. Any issues should be reported to management immediately.
- Identify any potential rodent/insect food sources (spilled foods, seeds, water, drinks/food left unattended) and report to the proper area for resolution.
- Identify any potential rodent/insect entry points (holes in screens, facility walls, doors left open without proper mesh screening) and report to proper area for resolution.
- Look for any evidence of pest activity inside the facility (wild life, birds, rodent droppings, etc.).
- Ensure any rodent, insect, or pest sightings are recorded in the Service Pest Control Log and reported to the CSAP Operations/ Process Manager.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Enters and locates information on computer. Moves up and down a ladder.
- Moves up and down stairs.
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals.
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Squats, kneels, or crawls for extended periods of time.
- Creates documents, reports, etc., using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer.
- Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates motor vehicle or other large power equipment, requiring valid driver’s license or certification as appropriate. Reads information, often in small print.
- Visually locates merchandise and other objects. Visually inspects equipment.
- Reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Apply sideways/upward/downward pressure to tighten and loosen hardware (for example, nuts, bolts). Observe behavior of others (i.e., associates, customers, suppliers).
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required, which could include, but not be limited to fall protection, eye protection, hearing protection, respiratory protection, chemical protection and electrical protection such as protective footwear.
- Operate motor vehicle or other large power equipment.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Use approved equipment to step up and access freight and equipment in elevated areas. Walk within work area for extended periods of time.
- Enter and locate information on a computer or system communication device. Use crossovers to access opposite sides of conveyors.
- Differentiate sounds in order to inspect and maintain equipment, identify potential hazards, or recognize safety alarms. Lift, push, pull, and carry tools, objects or equipment above shoulder level without assistance.
- Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
- Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 60 pounds without assistance. Communicates effectively in person and by using telecommunications equipment or electronic voice control equipment.
- Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position.
- Moves through narrow, confined spaces such as stacks of merchandise or supplies, storage areas, and closets.
- Moves over sloping, uneven surfaces such as the parking lot, building perimeter, receiving bays, sections of the facility which have temporary cracks, or areas under repair.
- Moves over slippery surfaces in the work area as well as other areas that may become slippery during inclement weather. May work with substances that require special handling
- Works in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions. Works at heights, including on roofs, on scaffolding, or in ceiling spaces.
- Moves over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces. Work overnight, weekends, and varying shifts.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- Move through narrow, enclosed, or elevated spaces. Work outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Work in areas with high noise levels that may require hearing protection.
- 6 months experience as a Jet.com ECommerce or Jet.com Asset Protection Associate OR 1-year work experience supervising, evaluating, mentoring and developing associates, managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates. OR 2-year degree in an Asset Protection related field (e.g. Safety, Compliance, Criminal Justice, Criminology).
- 1-year Microsoft Office experience
- 1-year experience supervising, evaluating, mentoring and developing employees, managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees in public safety, emergency management, law enforcement, or the military.
- 2 years' work experience or coursework in a safety, compliance, or security-related field (for example, military, public safety, compliance, criminal justice).
- 1-year Asset Protection experience (for example, fire suppression, regulatory compliance, facility security).
- Active New York Security Guard License
- Active First Aid and CPR Certification