- Location SPARKS, NV
- Department Fulfillment Center
- Team Fulfillment Center
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1277468
What you'll do at
The Safety Manager will work with a network of Fulfillment Centers directors to lead and champion the safety efforts in the field offices. This leader will develop organization-wide safety policies, procedures and training programs for new and existing OSHA issues, and all state mandated programs.
- Collaborates with internal and external resources to define, maintain and administer the Jet safety program and any initiatives to reduce risk of incidents and related cost.
- Assists, plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Lead a virtual team of safety leaders and specialists within the three fulfillment centers to effectively execute safety program and initiatives at the ground level.
- Advises Fulfillment Directors on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Plans and implements training for management and associates on work site safety practices. Effectively communicate safety related issues through management safety bulletins, safety newsletters, memos and meetings.
- Develop, evaluate and maintain budget for safety, OSHA compliance and hazard elimination in each of the fulfillment centers.
- Utilizes multiple specialty safety skills and knowledge to mitigate risk.
- Conducts post-accident investigation and prepares report identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by Jet management.
- Performs safety surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Conduct and/or facilitate safety and environmental training programs, including OSHA required training and certifications. Manage MSDS Library.
- Participate as part of a corporate team to initiate, develop and maintain policies and procedures that address key safety issues and concerns, including PPE’s, lockout/tag out, confined spaces, etc.
- Review work practices to make sure safety-related policies and procedures are being followed by employees and enforced by management. Notify director and Talent Operations Manager of any policy or procedure violations, in order to determine corrective discipline.
- Ensure a proactive approach to accident prevention by training and advising management and employees on all safety issues
- Maintains safety files and records for Fulfillment center incidents and safety related reporting.
- Responsible for all aspects of EHS, including OSHA, and environmental record keeping, safety action item register, safety conference calls, safety audits, and accident investigations. Show presence on the plant floor for associate interaction on safety matters.
- Will require 10-15% amount of travel
- Bachelors degree in Occupational Safety or related field, and/or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years experience in a safety related field
- Knowledge of and ability to enforce all federal, state, local and Company safety regulations/requirements
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement corrective measures
- Knowledge of: PPE, Fall Protection, Confined Space, Hazardous Communication, Equipment Safety, Incident Investigation
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficiency in MS Office