- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Strategy
- Team Strategy
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1276021
What you'll do at
The Director, Strategy at Jet and Walmart.com is responsible for identifying strategic opportunities to expand our business, foster internal and external collaboration, and partner with leadership to drive key initiatives. Ultimately, your goal is to help transform the face of eCommerce.
What you’ll be working on
- Enable our customers to shop when, where, and how they want to
- Drive strategy in a truly entrepreneurial way while helping to champion the vision of one of the largest and fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world
- Partner with senior leaders to set and achieve ambitious goals
- Constantly analyze the competitive landscape to understand and influence trends that are shaping the industry
The Director, Strategy will be a part of the eCommerce Strategy team and will play an integral role in identifying, prioritizing, developing, analyzing, and communicating business strategies for various company initiatives. This position reports to the Head of Strategy for eCommerce and will work closely with leaders in Operations, Business Development, and Walmart Home Office corporate teams.
- Work with the Head of Strategy on a broad range of forward-looking projects that help answer key business model questions for the company
- Partner with cross-functional teams to develop business models, opportunities, and strategy recommendations to support strategy head on executive-level presentations
- Research and mine data, perform complex analysis, and apply strategic thinking to support decisions, to clearly articulate issues that have the largest impact on the business
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in metrics and data analytic programs and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans
- Have great attention to detail and exceptional follow through
- Be customer-centric and focused on delivering seamless experiences
- Focus on continuous improvement
You’re a risk taker—a dreamer that delivers. You have big ideas and can implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on being the first of your friends to know what’s happening in the world. You have a passion for innovation in eCommerce. You want to be a part of one of the fastest growing eCommerce companies in the world, where the only constant is change.
- Functional Competencies:
- Consultant / Associate at a top tier management consulting firm (experience in eCommerce or retail strategy preferred)
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated proficiency in general business disciplines
- Analytical and deductive reasoning skills
- Stickler for process and organized project management
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Power Point
- Entrepreneurial mindset: belief in bold ideas and the power of creative thinking to get to “yes”
- Bias for action: desire to test concepts in the field quickly
- Deep passion for retail, eCommerce, and/or consumer technology
- Great team player and collaborator
- Interpersonal Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to effectively build and manage relationships
- Proven strength in both oral and written communication skills, including the ability to develop and deliver presentations to senior management and large groups in a professional, concise and direct manner
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources
- Creative problem solver that can identify sources of information from disparate sources and deliver comprehensive, balanced & actionable analysis
- Fundamentally kind to others
- Leadership Competencies:
- Ability to model Wal-Mart's three core values: Respect for the individual, Service to our customers, Strive for excellence
- The ability to anticipate business issues & influence managerial attention
- Ability to clearly state the vision and then successfully translate that vision into executable steps
- 5-7 years of post-MBA experience in a top tier management consulting firm or investment bank
- eCommerce, retail and technology experience preferred
- You can quickly list the 3 most important innovations in eCommerce over the last 5 years, with zest
Jet is reshaping ecommerce as we know it. Based in Hoboken NJ (just 10 min from Manhattan), we are a shopping site on the relentless pursuit to build the greatest customer experience in the world. At Jet, we believe in bold. That means taking risks, asking “why not”, looking where no one’s looked before and crushing it! Our engineers are utilizing and building world class technologies, to optimize the supply chain, remove unnecessary costs, sprinkle in some surprise and delight all while saving consumers every penny possible and we’re just getting started. At Jet, we have worked hard to build a culture that stresses the importance of learning and of sharing knowledge. If you want to be part of the team that is disrupting the shopping norm and you’re capable of smashing the status quo, we have a hunch you’d look good in purple.
Why Walmart @Jet?
In a word: impact. As part of the Walmart family of brands, you’ll be able to access the resources and scale of a Fortune 1 company, while leveraging the innovative technology and nimble environment of an early stage startup.
What we’re saying is, this isn’t your average day job. If you’re hungry to catapult ideas into action and own your career, let’s chat.