Site Merchandising Manager
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1274470
What you'll do at
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Want to create distinctive and highly-relevant shopping experiences for millions of shoppers on a daily basis? Walmart is building a new type of customer-centric shopping platform at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology, to deliver the most seamless shopping experience to our customers.
We are looking for a site merchandising manager and strategic planner to support the piecing together of our ‘one-stop-shop’ merchandise strategy across all categories for all seasonal events. This person will assess individual category strategies and needs within seasonal timeframe (think Walmart.com Homepage, Holiday, Halloween, Back to School, gift guides, etc.), and design a cohesive merchandising strategy that supports the objectives of the entire business.
You are experienced in merchandising strategies, project planning, customer experience, analytics, finance, marketing, communication and technology. You think like a merchant but have a deep passion and understanding of the shopper (and a passion for driving the best experiences for them).
You are able to engage and influence at all levels of the organization and able to motivate teams to provide deliverables on-time and in-scope. But you are also the doer. The person that brings these strategies from concept to execution.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate: Manage and influence a cross-functional group across Walmart and Jet.com’s category management, finance, marketing, site experience, advertising, supply chain, engineering and customer support teams for all major events
- Operate and Communicate: Develop operational plans for the execution of product assortment, site merchandising, and campaign activation (in partnership with the marketing leads). Plan and manage visual merchandising placements across the site supporting seasonal activities (in partnership with the site experience activation teams). Develop a communication cadence and plan, follow up, and hold people accountable
- Drive Operational Efficiency: Assess our planning process objectively and support the business in finding the most efficient ways of working, recommending ways to improve on an ongoing basis.
- Grow Responsibly: Drive incremental GMV while managing margin mix, showcase and balance relevant categories, brands and products. Incorporate supply chain and inventory management strategies into overall planning.
- Integrate: integrate brand advertising initiatives into experiences to support strategy and overall messaging. Plan holistically for brand objectives in conjunction with Walmart category and customer expectations.
- Direct: Provide direction to different teams to activate campaigns