Planning Specialist 3, Home
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Home
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1271623
What you'll do at
Technology, social media and access to information have changed the game – informing customers’ purchasing decisions and allowing them to access and compare what they want with unprecedented flexibility and agility. Our customers want choice, ease, personalization and unlimited access and are also looking to us to hold true to our promise – Save money. Live better.
The Walmart.com Merchandising Team is looking for individuals who can collaborate and thrive in a dynamic environment, demonstrate and foster innovative thinking, use and learn the latest tools and technology to analyze data and insights at scale, and – above all else – think every day about how to best meet the needs of our customers.
As a Planning Specialist 3, you are a key thought partner for the category managers and are responsible for managing sales, profit and inventory plans and forecast for high-growth, complex merchandise categories – ensuring that your assortment, price and availability are a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart.com. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting business solutions with the customer perspective first in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You won’t do this alone. You will work within a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze and interpret customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale.
- Thought partner for Category Managers.
- Analyzes performance against financial plans and forecast (sales by channel, profit, marketing) for category and make recommendations to improve the business to meet the financial objectives.
- Prepares and assists in the execution of category budgets, seasonal and campaign buy plans and line review financials.
- Creates and implements forecasts for new and seasonal items, special buys and product launches.
- Coordinates and completes demand plans for category suppliers/sellers, evaluating new products and assortment
- Identification of key items and suppliers, including forecast variance to inform Category Planning Manager
- Forecasts all metrics in OTB and provide summary to category team.
- Provides input into and assists in the development of buying and inventory strategies for the category
- Analyzes and communicates seasonal inventory flow plans to ensure customer demand and return on investment goals are met; summarizes findings and develops initial recommendations for changes.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site Merchandising, Finance, Marketing) to assist in development of financial plans.
- Coaches less experienced team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance
- Mentors supports less experienced Planning Specialists.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in planning, buying, replenishment, finance or related field required.
- Advanced Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.