Area Manager-Asset Protection
- Location MIDDLETOWN, OH
- Department Fulfillment Center
- Team Fulfillment Center
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1264524
What you'll do at
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Ready to work with a team of bright minds at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology to build the world’s most customer-centric home shopping experience?
Hayneedle was recently acquired by Walmart/Jet and is experiencing unprecedented growth. With an entrepreneurial spirit that fosters teamwork and professional development, our business is poised to redefine the way consumers decorate and shop for their home.
We are looking for an Area Manager-Asset Protection role to be responsible for assisting in the operation of multiple departments. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and/or necessary. This role will help support multiple fulfillment centers for Hayneedle.
This role will report to the Divisional Senior Manager of Compliance at Walmart and will be based at Hayneedle Fulfillment centers in Middletown, OH.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Manages warehouse daily operations by monitoring and ensuring facility performance related to safety and security (e.g., security systems, fire protection, safety programs, audits to identify potential loss, food safety, process safety management); and monitoring and ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations (i.e. OSHA, Hazardous Waste, NFPA, Storm Water, DOT, FDA, EPA, etc.) relating to daily operations.
- Maintain quality and safety standards in area of responsibility by ensuring associates are trained on Logistics and company policies, standards and procedures; monitoring associate compliance to policies and procedures; distributing and maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
- Supervise and develop associates and leaders in area of responsibility by assigning duties and coordinating workloads, monitoring performance and providing feedback; teaching, supporting and modeling Logistics and company policies and procedures; identifying training and development needs; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, and evaluation of associates and leaders.
- Monitor and manage productivity of area of responsibility by preparing, reviewing and/or analyzing business reports.
- Identify associate, customer, and/or supplier concerns by listening, consulting with others when needed to determine corrective action to take or make recommendations in order to resolve.
- Implement the business plan for area of responsibility by communicating goals and managing staffing and scheduling, assigning duties and coordinating workloads in order to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety).
An individual must be proficient in each of the competencies listed below to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position.
- Manages Asset Protection Operations - Leverages knowledge of and expertise in asset protection procedures (for example, identifying and analyzing security risks and criminal activity, analyzing signs of shrink, conducting investigations) to drive quality asset protection operations.
- Teaches, utilizes, and enforces company and regulatory policies, standards, and procedures throughout area of responsibility and quickly identifies and addresses problems or improvement opportunities.
- Puts procedures in place to ensure that associates receive training and fully understand and apply the procedures for protecting the safety and security of associates and assets within the facility.
- Implements guidelines and measures to maintain customer satisfaction and ensure proper compliance with asset protection standards.
- Customer/Member Centered: Focus on the Customer/Member - Reviews customer/member-focused data and adjusts performance to address findings.
- Promotes and supports associate efforts to exceed customer/member expectations.
- Informs associates on how to identify and locate resources to meet the diverse needs of customers/members.
- Judgment: Use Appropriate Judgment - Identifies, reviews, and applies policies and procedures to make informed judgments. Identifies and uses facts, information, and expertise to set priorities and make informed decisions. Uses data and evidence to determine the causes of problems and develop solutions to address them.
- Execution and Results: Manage Execution and Results - Holds associates accountable for completing work within expectations and time requirements.
- Plans and manages own and others' time, based on business priorities, and follows up to ensure all work requirements are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identifies and obtains the resources needed to complete projects.
- Encourages associates to strive for excellence, efficiency, and quality in work practices.
- Planning and Improvement: Plan and Pursue Team-Based Improvement - Coordinates and aligns planning with organizational initiatives and direction.
- Looks at work plans and makes changes, as needed, to achieve team or work group objectives.
- Sets realistic timelines for goal accomplishment.
- Improves work processes and practices to increase performance and results.
- Influence and Communicate: Increase Commitment - Promotes ideas and links them to business needs and benefits.
- Builds trusting, cooperative relationships and alliances with others, inside and outside of the organization.
- Effectively communicates clear, up-to-date information on business plans and priorities (for example, change initiatives).
- Shares experience and ideas with associates across the organization.
- Ethics and Compliance: Manage Ethics and Compliance - Instructs associates on how to act in accordance with policies and procedures, and supports their efforts in doing so.
- Ensures associates demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethics in work situations. Corrects ethical and compliance issues, enforcing compliance and administering appropriate consequences as needed.
- Adaptability: Quickly Adapt - Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity.
- Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities.
- Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities. Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives.
- Helps associates adjust to and develop the capabilities needed to implement organizational change initiatives.
- Talent: Supervise Associates - Provides specific, honest, accurate, and timely feedback on associate performance.
- Assigns tasks to associates that fit their skill levels and maximize team performance.
- Uses people processes (for example, selection, development, performance evaluation) to ensure effective associate performance.
- Recruits and hires the associates needed to meet business requirements.
- Teaches, guides, and assists in the development of associates.
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Moves up and down stairs.
- Moves, lifts, carries, and places merchandise and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds without assistance.
- Grasps, turns, and manipulates objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Reads information, often in small print.
- Visually locates merchandise and other objects.
- Visually inspects equipment.
- Reaches overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Observe behavior of others (i.e., associates, customers, suppliers).
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) as required, which could include, but not be limited to fall protection, eye protection, hearing protection, respiratory protection, chemical protection and electrical protection such as protective footwear.
- Operate motor vehicle or other large power equipment.
- Walk within work area for extended periods of time.
- Enter and locate information on a computer or system communication device.
- Differentiate sounds in order to inspect and maintain equipment, identify potential hazards, or recognize safety alarms.
- Write documents, reports, etc. using a writing instrument (e.g., pencil, pen) or computer.
Traveling is necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
- Travels to multiple facilities or work sites requiring both single and multiple day stays.
- Travels to and from multiple facilities or work sites conducting tours and inspections.
Working in the following environment is necessary to perform one or more of the essential functions of this position.
- May work with substances that require special handling.
- Works in areas requiring exposure to varying temperatures, extreme heat or cold, and/or wet, damp, or drafty conditions.
- Moves over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Work overnight, weekends, and varying shifts.
- Work indoors for extended periods of time.
- Move through narrow, enclosed, or elevated spaces.
- Work outdoors for extended periods of time.
- Associate’s Degree in Law Enforcement or related field and 1 year supervisory experience OR
- Bachelor's Degree in Law Enforcement or related field OR
- 2 years Walmart Logistics experience OR
- 2 years Asset Protection related supervisory experience.
- Both Bachelor's Degree in Business, Logistics, Law Enforcement or related field; AND 1 year Asset Protection management experience.
- 2 or more years supervisory experience in an Asset Protection industry.
- Certification in an Asset Protection related field (e.g. Loss Prevention Professional (LPP), Certified Forensic Investigator (CFI), Certified Safety.
- Professional (CSP), Occupational Safety & Health Technologist (OHST)).
- 1 year Microsoft Office experience.
MEET OUR FAMILY OF BRANDS