- Location BRONX, NY
- Department Fulfillment Center
- Team Fresh Fulfillment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1253583
What you'll do at
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
Jet Trainer works with Operations Managers, Process Managers, Operations coordinators and associates. Constantly improves the long-term capabilities of the area to which he/she is assigned.
The ideal candidate will measure production quality and quantity and applies learning tools to improve both. Maintains expert-level knowledge in at least two production departments; evaluates and improves processes within work areas; refines learning tools and techniques across the FC; assists in measuring the effectiveness of learning; measures impact of his/her development efforts; improves associates' job-related skills; develops, maintains and applies learning tools (methods, checklists and skill building agreements) to encourage associate development. Identifies areas for associate cross training and support and implements training to support the objective; supports the updating of SOPs and SOP certification of associates and managers; assists in driving success of peak and non-peak training plans.
Excellent communication skills:
- Comfortable talking in front of a group as well as one-on-one with an individual.
- Able to give and receive feedback effectively.
- Can drive understanding (i.e. using visual aids, able to recognize when a group or individual is lost and needs more attention).
Ability to follow up:
- Always meets time commitments and deadlines, is goal oriented.
- Checks and tests for understanding.
- Gives insight to Process Managers.
Proven people skills:
- Works hard for the success of others, constantly remains “customer obsessed”.
- Demonstrates a positive “can do” demeanor and has fun and gains energy from working with others.
- Is an active listener.
Is a technical expert:
- Demonstrated ability to consistently function at 100% of expectations.
- Understands upstream and downstream variances.
- Is able to use resources to expand knowledge and can answer tough questions.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Outlook.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of prior training, teaching or presentation experience in FC environment.
- Willingness to work different shifts.
- Shift hours for this position may be different from the standard production shifts.
- Willingness to work in different areas as required by training needs.
- Excellent attendance.
- Candidates must be very organized and able to handle multiple and changing projects/priorities.
- Willingness to participate in and support the Operational Excellence initiatives.