- Location BRONX, NY
- Department Fulfillment Center
- Team Fresh Fulfillment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1247412
What you'll do at
Currently looking for a Maintenance/Refrigeration Technician with Commercial Refrigeration Service experience to fill an opening in New York. Interested candidates should have a minimum of 3 years of work experience in commercial refrigeration and 4 years in maintenance management.
- Manage and direct the efforts of the maintenance department in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, Automated Control Systems, Refrigeration Systems in the day to day, predictive and preventative maintenance activities.
- Mentor, direct, develop the maintenance teams across all disciplines to optimize the level of world-class performance and personal/professional growth of the members. Evaluate, train and development of the individual to reach full potential.
- Work with Management and Engineering on all Capital Projects
- Manage and implement preventative and predictive corrective action program to ensure a productive and safe environment.
- Provide repair and maintenance support for our refrigerated fulfillment center.
- Perform routine and emergency service on refrigeration equipment commonly found in large commercial applications. This includes a working knowledge of screw and reciprocal compressors, electrical troubleshooting all common types of central systems & control/alarm systems.
- Maintains the following equipment: commercial refrigeration system, building heating and air conditioning equipment, hot water generator, compressed air systems, electrical distribution equipment, building sprinkler systems, and any other supporting equipment as directed by management.
- Demonstrate an understanding and adherence to all work safety policies, procedures, and governing requirements.
- Lead and assist management with appropriate training to assure regulatory compliance.
- Maintain appropriate communication/relationships with all employees, vendors, visitors.
- Provide the necessary safety training to contractors.
- Follow, monitor, and ensure compliance with all safety, food safety, environmental, GMP rules, regulations, and policies.
- Attend daily production/quality meetings.
- Provide technical support for plant processes and improvements.
- Observe facility operations on a regular basis.
- Communicate with Supervisors daily.
- Participative team attitude skills with all personnel to assure production standards, safety, and sanitation levels are maintained as defined by the Mission Statement.
- Good skills in commercial refrigeration and PLC’s.
- Good problem-solving skills through team and individual efforts.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
Professional background will include:
- Bachelors in an Engineering discipline.
- Current Refrigeration Certification and HVAC licensing..... REQUIRED
- A minimum of five  years demonstrated Industrial Maintenance Leadership experience in the food processing industry.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, guide, direct, develop highly effective maintenance teams in a multi craft environment.
- Ability to develop department budgets and strategic plans.
- Excellent problem resolution and critical thinking skills with demonstrated management skills
- FDA- HACCP-GMP’s-OSHA-CMMS- PLC’s- SQF-
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in commercial refrigeration service
- Physically able to climb ladders, work at high elevations and lift objects up to fifty pounds
- Must be able to pass physical examination and Respirator Fit Testing
- Availability to be on call nights and/or weekends as required
- Basic computer skills (electronic documentation)
- Working knowledge of screw compressors, electrical troubleshooting of common types of industrial refrigeration systems and control alarm systems
CAD, Microsoft Word and Excel