- Location BRONX, NY
- Department Fulfillment Center
- Team Fresh Fulfillment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1246503
What you'll do at
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
Operations is at the heart of Jet customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good.
The Ops teams in our Fulfilment Center are responsible for teams controlling the vast range of fast-paced inventory from inbound to outbound and work very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
The role of Operations Manager is a critical position and delivers huge impact both on the customer experience and on bottom line performance within the Fulfilment Center. You will report to the Senior Operations Manager and you will be directly responsible for a team of Process Managers and their direct reports. As well as motivating them to do their best, it will be down to you to plan and resource everything effectively to handle the peak season.
As an Operations Manager, you will also lead on numerous improvement projects (KAIZEN) aimed at streamlining activities while driving up performance and quality. Taking part in site, regional and global initiatives, you will tackle complex problems that affect customers and work to resolve them with innovative solutions. You will be given a real opportunity to shape your area with ideas that could be rolled out across the Jet network.
Whatever you focus on, it will be aimed at ensuring service excellence whilst continuously improving our processes.
You will play a critical role in the management, control and direction of either Outbound or Inbound area of Operations within our Fulfilment Centre. The extent of your duties will include:
- Maintain health and safety standards within area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
- Lead, motivate and support a large team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment. This will include the setup and implementation of career development plans for all direct reports.
- Be a Subject-Matter Expert on larger processes and activities within the fulfilment centers, i.e. 5s audits, alignment with Standard Work procedures across the network.
- Management of the timely data collection to update operations metrics on an hourly basis, in an inventory control and systems environment, to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors and thus deliver excellent customer service.
- Work closely with other support teams (HR, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, Safety & Security Manager, IT Manager) on staffing plans, schedules and performance levels to enable the Fulfilment Centre and the broader Operations network to attain Jet’s Business Plan.
- Implement change and contribute in cross-functional Six Sigma initiatives within your site and the broader Jet Operations network.
- Drive continuous process improvement and make our customer experience better than ever.
- BA degree and 5+ years in FC Operations.
- Have experience in leading large and diverse team of salaried managers
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be competent in two or more production or supply chain areas, with an impressive track-record in a similar fast- paced logistics, distribution, manufacturing or engineering environment.
- Have a sincere bias for action and be passionate about achieving results and driving production through efficiency and process improvement.
- Possess the ability to manage detail, establish root cause and be able to extract and analyze data. Must be able to demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical capability.
- Thrive on change, inclined to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done. Work shifts, including weekends, in an operational 7/365 environment.
- Ideally degree qualified in Engineering or a Supply Chain/Logistics/ Manufacturing related discipline or MBA graduate.
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous.