- Location SPARKS, NV
- Department Fulfillment Center
- Team General Fulfillment
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1230403
What you'll do at
Jet’s mission is to become the smartest way to shop and save on pretty much anything. Combining a revolutionary pricing engine, a world-class technology and fulfillment platform, and incredible customer service, we’ve set out to create a new kind of e-commerce. At Jet, we’re passionate about empowering people to live and work brilliant.
About Jet’s Internal Engine
We’re building a new kind of company, and we’re building it from the inside out, which means that investing in hiring, developing, and retaining the brightest minds in the world is a top priority. Everything we do is grounded in three simple values: trust, transparency, and fairness. From our business model to our culture, we live our values to the extreme, whether we’re dealing with employees, retail partners, or consumers. We believe that happiness is the highest level of success and we want every person that crosses paths with Jet to achieve it. If you’re an ambitious, smart, natural collaborator who likes taking risks, influencing, and innovating in a challenging hyper-growth environment, we’d love to talk to you about joining our team.
About the Job
This position is responsible for assisting in the operation of multiple departments. An individual in this position will be expected to perform additional job-related responsibilities and duties throughout the facility as assigned and/or as necessary.
An individual must be able to successfully perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Communicate with (or to) individuals or groups verbally and/or in writing (e.g. customers, suppliers, associates).
- Supervise and manage associates and leaders in area of responsibility by giving direction, monitoring performance and providing feedback; identifying training and development needs and providing opportunities for learning and growth; teaching, supporting and modeling Logistics and company policies and procedures; and participating in the hiring, promotion, coaching, teaching, and evaluation of associates, leaders and managers.
- Drive and implement the business plan for area of responsibility to achieve facility goals (e.g., production, quality, safety) and implement operational improvements.
- Monitor and ensure area of responsibility's compliance with Logistics and company quality and safety standards, policies, procedures and directives by developing, distributing, and/or maintaining procedures and supporting documentation.
- Prepare, review, and/or analyze business reports, and use information to identify operational improvements (e.g., production, quality, safety).
- Forecast staffing, workload and performance results to meet business demands for workload and performance results for area of responsibility.
- Identify and ensure associate, customer and supplier concerns are resolved, using own judgment or consulting others when needed.
Physical Activities/Work Environment
- Typical FC environment with exposure to varying temperatures on a regular basis
- Concentrated mental and visual attention with a high degree of manual dexterity
- Requires continuous physical activity and the ability to lift and move up to 50lbs continuously
- Requires walking, standing, bending and continuous sitting for long periods. Repetitive hand motions
- Ability to wear required personal protective equipment including safety glasses and safety shoes
- Works in accordance with general safety rules and practices
- Bachelor's Degree in business or a related field (e.g., Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Production/Operations Management)
- 3 year experience in an operations/distribution/logistics/retail environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees for multiple departments / areas
- 5 years experience as a logistics supervisor or manager supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing associates; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of associates both Bachelor's Degree in a related field (e.g., Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Production/Operations Management)
- 5 years experience in an operations/distribution/logistics environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing employees, managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees
- 1 year experience managing budgets, managing P&L, developing manpower forecasts, and analyzing financial/operational data