Director Product Marketing-Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1229911
What you'll do at
The Director of Product Marketing is a leadership role, responsible for building and managing a team of product marketing managers that drive the go-to-market and commercialization of of Walmart Media Group’s advertising platforms and associated products. You will build and lead a team that will provide competitive analysis, product launch strategies, value proposition development and provide compelling and interactive sales training. Through these efforts and close collaboration with cross-functional teams, you will play a critical role in the company’s success, with the opportunity for significant personal and professional growth.
Reporting to the VP of Product and Innovation, the ideal candidate for this role is a creative and strategic thinker, analytical, results-oriented, and is a great story teller. You’re a highly motivated self-starter with a deep understanding of both advertiser and shopper needs, competitive landscape, and understand how to bring clarity to complex situations. You’re an excellent communicator, building strong cross functional relationships and excel at working across departments, and easily collaborate with Business Partners, User Experience, Project Managers, Research, Engineering and Analytics teams.
Your specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead market assessment, quantitative analysis, qualitative feedback, and represent the voice of the market internally with Product Management and Engineering
- Build and lead a team of product marketing managers
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the broader retail advertising ecosystem to develop strategic product feedback and positioning
- Develop overall product narratives, to build 6-month marketing strategies and plans, and to execute on these plans with excellence. Each product PMM lead is responsible for understanding market opportunities, developing GTM plan and product positioning, leading successful product launches, and driving adoption for their specific product areas.
- Define and develop product vision, strategy and marketing for new and existing products.
- Influence product strategy and in-product communications through relevant consumer, industry and product insights, driving alignment across teams when needed.
- Positioning messages with competitive differentiation and benefits.
- Work with marketing to create product content and collateral with product features, benefits, and key selling points, and manage design team and/or contractors.
- Assist with marketing, advertising, and promotional plans for relevant products.
- Provide in-depth market research and competitive analysis to identify new opportunities.
- Participate in managing the product life cycle, from conception to launch and phase-out.
- Tackle complex problems with a strategic mindset, and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans for solving those problems.
- Communicate the value proposition of new audience targeting capabilities to go-to-market teams and deliver the effective sales collateral and packages that will attract and retain advertisers.
- Drive product adoption and usage by supporting market facing programs and effective product launch support.
Minimum Job Requirements
- BA/BS in Marketing or equivalent working experience.
- 7+ years of experience in product marketing for internet, enterprise, or consumer technology
- Management consulting, start-up experience, and international markets are a plus
- Experience with Omniture or a similar analytics suite.
- Tech savvy with a general understanding of the web.
- Willing to work hard and to do a broad-base of tasks from administrative to strategic.
- Ability to work against tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment keeping a keen eye on detail and accuracy.
- Positive, open-minded attitude, able to thrive working with cross-functional teams, with a willingness to learn are important for this position.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a results-oriented mindset
- Thrives in and enjoys a highly-collaborative, face-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook).