Sr. Data Analyst, Design & Innovation, Fulfillment Engineering
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Operations
- Team Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1228165
What you'll do at
The Sr. Data Analyst, Design & Innovation, Fulfillment Engineering is responsible for delivering comprehensive and credible data analysis that support the design of next generation fulfillment engineering solutions (machines, processes, work stations, etc., automated and manual) for use within the extended Walmart e-commerce fulfillment network (including Walmart sortable, Walmart Non-sortable, Jet Sortable, Jet Fresh, Sam’s Club, Hayneedle, Shoebuy, etc.). Your ultimate goal is to lower Variable Cost Per Unit (VCPU) and Total Cost Per Unit (TCPU) in order to support the growth of the e-commerce fulfillment network.
Challenges you’ll be tackling
Connecting disparate data sources: Data sources abound across multiple disparate systems but they often operate in silos and are designed only with their individual system in mind, so you will bring together and link data from multiple sources to make sense of the whole.
Enabling continually faster analyses: Slow-running queries and analyses lead to longer iteration cycles for designs, so you will structure the data in forms that enable our team to be nimble in decision-making.
Replacing assumptions with facts: Oftentimes designs go into place based on assumptions and the validation of those assumptions doesn’t happen before the next design decision occurs, leading teams to make the same mistakes multiple times; you will architect data capture and analysis into the implementation process of each project.
Broaden data horizons: Datasets based on days’ or weeks’ worth of data can hide idiosyncrasies and give a false level of precision, so you will expand data horizons to take years’ worth of data into account.
- You will be responsible for generating a master database of the current performance of the system to support the data-driven design of new solutions and facilities.
- You will design, document, construct and deploy database architectures and applications (e.g. large relational databases).
- You will clean and maintain the database by removing and deleting old data.
You will collect and store information about order header and order details, carton header and carton details, SKU item master, and inbound receiving POs.
- You will integrate operational data around realized throughputs, utilization, OEE (overall equipment effectiveness).
- You will work in conjunction with design analysts and design engineers to influence the design and business justification of new solutions and faciltiies.
- You will collaborate with other data teams throughout Walmart, including but not limited to: Order Management, Supply Chain Analytics, Transportation, Jet Data Engineering, Walmart Information Systems Division.
- You will create a fluid end-to-end vision of how data will flow through the Fulfillment Engineering organization.
- You will influence and guide data discussions with new vendors to ensure the introduction of new sources fits into the cohesive whole.
- You will implement measures to ensure data accuracy and accessibility.
How you’ll know it’s right
Judgment: Make Sound Judgments - Uses objective financial and business analyses to evaluate the returns and risks of design choices. Analyzes and integrates trends and patterns to determine the root causes of problems and identify solutions. Evaluates short- and long-term implications of decisions. Accurately forecasts growth, costs, and business challenges. Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Looks beyond symptoms to determine the root causes of problems, and identify and implement applicable solutions. Integrates knowledge and expertise in making fact-based recommendations and decisions.
Influence and Communicate: Develops and communicates logical, convincing justifications, including lessons learned, that build commitment and support for one's perspectives and initiatives. Builds diverse, high-performing teams that accomplish organizational changes, goals, and priorities. Develops vision and strategy that is clear and easily articulated. Ensures strategies, change initiatives, and competitive information are communicated in clear and compelling ways. Listens to, leverages, and promotes the diverse ideas, perspectives, and contributions of others across the business.
Execution and Results: Ensure Execution and Achieve Results - Conveys a sense of urgency to complete and achieve goals. Pursues the achievement and alignment of measurable and meaningful goals. Prioritizes and balances time, actions, and projects to ensure accomplishment of results.
Adaptability: Demonstrate Adaptability - Demonstrates resourcefulness and resilience in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates knowledge and skills to handle new complexities, challenges, and responsibilities (for example, seeking out training, learning from experience, researching best practices, new emerging technologies and companies that can be leveraged for future solutions). Seeks exposure to new ideas and perspectives. Sponsors programs and initiatives to improve adaptability and continuous learning capabilities in own organization.
Build Relationships: Build Internal and External Relationships - Builds and sustains trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional, organizational, and geographical boundaries to achieve goals. Sponsors initiatives and programs that promote respect for, interest in, and support of associates. Ensures associates are treated in an accepting, respectful manner.
Travels domestically to and from Hoboken, Bentonville, San Bruno and all Walmart and Jet facilities or work-sites to participate in meetings, workshops, company events, etc. requiring overnight stays. (Percent of travel = 25% or more)
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Engineering, Operations Research, or related technical field with demonstrated high academic achievement.
• 2+ years of relevant professional experience
• Experience managing large-scale, distributed production SQL databases
• Expert in SQL performance tuning
• Experience with Teradata and/or Hadoop
• Experience with Alteryx or other data architecture visualization tools
• Field/customer service experience in retail supply chain and warehouse/order fulfillment.
• Knowledge of inventory storage mediums in warehouse and material handling systems.
• Working knowledge of at least one at least one scripting language (e.g., Python, Ruby, Perl).
• Knowledge of at least one compiled language (e.g., Java, C++, C#)
Jet.com is changing the way the world shops. Founded on three simple values – trust, transparency and fairness – Jet is powered by a real-time pricing engine that finds innovative ways to pull costs out of the supply chain, creating more value for shoppers, retailers, and brands. Based in Hoboken, NJ—just ten minutes from Manhattan—our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, and dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, and outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.