Key Account Manager, Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1225160
What you'll do at
As a Key Accounts Manager at Walmart, you will be responsible for helping to grow strategic advertising partnerships with some of the world's largest brands. If you're maniacal about building great commercial relationships, creatively solving digital advertising problems, and unlocking the potential of rich shopping data, you'll be a great fit!
The Walmart Media Group works with our suppliers to fund comprehensive advertising programs using Walmart's suite of digital ad products. We pride ourselves on a consultative style, driving media investment by acting as advisers. The Key Accounts team works with our 10 biggest and most-demanding suppliers, typically those with product lines in multiple shopping categories and with sophisticated media and data requirements. We work cross-functionally with Walmart Ad Sales, Product, and Category Marketing teams. Externally, we work with suppliers' Brand Managers, Analytics, and E-Commerce teams, as well as their National Media and Shopper Marketing agencies.
Key Accounts Managers focus on 2-3 accounts each and report into the Key Account Leads. They need to excel in problem solving and process execution. The ability to follow through on projects and maintain accountability is extremely important. The position requires experience working on a cross-functional, revenue-generating team within a complex organization.
- Develop strong supplier relationships and manage the day-to-day needs, plus the quarterly planning and communication cadence for selected Key Accounts
- Build and execute strategic plans to grow advertising revenue from suppliers based on a deep understanding of the suppliers’ business goals and marketing objectives
- Help build the Walmart Key Accounts’ service practice through professionalism, establishing process, creating real customer value, and driving revenue for the team
Required Skills and Experience
- Ability to lead day-to-day relationships and work with management and multifunctional teams to respond to supplier needs.
- Meticulous detail-oriented project management to ensure we increase the strength of our relationships with key suppliers and their investment in Walmart advertising
- Familiarity with analytics, advertising data-tech, and DMP technologies, paired with strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving
- Resourceful in maneuvering through a large company while working in a nimble and fast paced environment – ability to adapt and thrive in any business situation
- Willingness and desire to be a key individual contributor and strong team player
- Strong written,verbal communication skills and, presentation skills along with a talent for cross company and partner collaboration.
- Capability to work proactively under pressure.
- High level of comfort escalating and presenting key issues to management
- Tactical and strategic thinker to help influence suppliers’ investment in Walmart media/advertising
- 3-4 years of strategic partnership, customer success or account management experience in media or advertising
- 3-4 years of digital media or advertising experience, preferably from an agency or within a sales organization
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- 5 years of strategic partnership, customer success or account management experience in media or advertising
- 5 years of digital media or advertising experience, preferably from an agency or within a sales organization
- 2 years of retail or e-commerce experience