Photo Studio Manager, Fashion
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Fashion
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1224625
What you'll do at
About Walmart US eCommerce:
Want to help change the future of online commerce? We are building a new type of customer-centric shopping experience at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology and we want you to be a part of it! We are looking for an exceptional leader to act as the Fashion Group Photo Studio Liaison. This job will be located in Hoboken, NJ and will involve occasional travel. This position reports directly into the VP of Fashion Operations for Walmart US eCommerce.
The Fashion Photo Studio Liaison is responsible for developing and continuously innovating style and standards guide for product photography and copy. The successful candidate will be required to understand the larger business strategy while overseeing the implementation details of new imagery standards, copy standards, technologies and equipment. Individual will be required to stay at the forefront of product content within online fashion retailing, ensuring that Walmart is ahead of the curve and ready to incorporate relevant solutions into the customer experience.
Essential Functions of the Role:
- Develop and maintain the studio product styling / standard guide. Collaborate with the business and photo studio to determine the specifications for new products. Ensure the teams follows accordingly
- Demonstrate the ability to raise the creative bar through commercially relevant imagery
- Responsible for ensuring that all guidelines and regulations are followed; Performs audits to identify deviations from approved content strategy and recommends appropriate corrective action
- Collaborate and drive consensus through partnerships to elevate the Walmart brand aesthetic into our ecommerce product photography
- Promote, test, document and implement changes to current product imagery and copy
- Research and develop techniques and best practices for shooting new categories/projects, and disseminate those practices across the team and/or company
- Partner with the User Experience (UX) team to define new/updated features and functionality for product pages on the site
- Build innovative processes from the ground up and execute large scale team projects
- Ability to translate a business vision into a repeatable creative process, building collaboration and consensus between business units
- Proactive problem solving, both technically and creatively, with constant attention to process improvement.
- Calm under pressure, can excel and thrive in a high volume studio environment.
- Support ad-hoc company projects
In addition, the ideal candidate portrays the following the competencies and skills:
- BA or BFA Degree in design, photography, or related field, or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in Fashion e-commerce as an Art Director, Photographer, Creative Director, Stylist or Graphic Designer is a plus
- 5-8 years minimum experience
- Drive for innovation and proactively seeks knowledge in emerging technologies and markets
- Excellent organizational skills, a natural collaborator, but can work well independently
- Experience in a rigorous testing environment. Must be passionate about presenting a fact-based argument and be results/metrics driven.
- Knowledge on all areas of product photography, Model, Still Life and Video and product copy
- Capability to provide constructive criticism – comprehensive and decisive
- Strong proficiency and experience in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Quality focused- Strong visual skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Builds and sustains an environment where adherence to and reinforcement of the highest standards of integrity and ethics are the norm
- Consultative approach with the ability to clearly articulate ideas to gain stakeholder buy-in
- You have an agile, approachable attitude with good problem-solving skills and a desire to get involved in all aspects of e-commerce
- Self-driven and willingness to ‘roll up your sleeves’
- Excellent communication skills, an active listener, able to convey complex issues succinctly and with the correct priority
- SEO knowledge is a plus