Payments Product Manager
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department -
- Team Member Service Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1223208
What you'll do at
About Walmart eCommerce
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Drive change. Make impact. Meet our family of brands: Bonobos, Hayneedle, Jet.com, Moosejaw, Modcloth, Parcel, SamsClub.com, Shoes.com, Vudu, Walmart, and growing
Jet is looking for a smart, driven, highly analytical self-starter to join our Payments team. Capturing legitimate customer payments with a high success rate, low cost, and minimal fraud is at the absolute core of Jet’s operations. The supporting systems and processes are an integral step between clicking the “buy” button and completing a transaction.
The ideal candidate enjoys diving deep into data to investigate and explore issues, find areas for improving efficiency and problem solving, and has demonstrated experience using analysis to build, improve, and manage processes that drive significant value to the organization. He/she also has experience managing internal software products with a penchant for troubleshooting issues and deriving enhancement opportunities from user feedback and ongoing testing.
What You’ll Be Working On
- Perform in-depth and on-going analysis of payments to track performance, identify opportunities, and steer our product roadmap
- Set up and monitor dashboards and scorecards for processes and partners that affect the payment and fraud lifecycles; use learnings to drive new features or improvements
- Oversee implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of internal products and platforms, particularly our interface for Customer Service
- Cleanse and maintain integrity of payment data from multiple data sources
- Understand and be able to explain the transaction lifecycle for payments; represent Payments as a subject matter expert within Jet
- Work with the dependent product teams to identify, analyze, and prioritize new features that improve the customer experience and/or reduce costs; lead such projects to completion
- Manage Jet’s internal Customer Service Payment tool, including upskilling agents and suggesting enhancements to enable greater ease of use and increase robustness
- Research new payment methods and develop business case for implementation on Jet, with an eye for improving the customer experience and increasing retention
- Promote Payments as a revenue-generator for Jet
- Measure the performance of features launched
Who You Are
Analytically Creative – when faced with a question, you consult the data. More importantly, when the answer is not immediately apparent or the data is unavailable, you figure out how to draw conclusions from other sources.
Decision-maker – you use your knowledge of the business and subject matter expertise to make informed decisions, providing evidence to validate your claims.
Focused and Driven – you do not settle for less than your best. When faced with a difficult situation, you see it as an opportunity rather than an obstacle.
- Bachelor’s degree from a rigorous undergraduate program with demonstrated high academic achievement
- Minimum 5 years of work experience, at least 3 in a highly analytical role
- 1+ years of experience in a product development role (e-commerce, consulting, banking, analyst, statistics)
- 1+ years of experience in the Payments industry with knowledge of standard procedures, industry trends, and emerging technology
- Must have strong proficiency in Excel and at least 2 years of experience writing and modifying complex SQL queries (MS SQL preferred)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to liaise with different teams and individuals at different levels within the organization to drive change
- Extremely detail oriented and able to grasp complex processes
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and/or self-directed and still hit core responsibilities and key deadlines
- Able to learn new systems and processes with little ramp up time