Manager, Product Analytics – Payments
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department -
- Team Member Service Operations
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1223208
What you'll do at
Jet is looking for a highly analytical self-starter to join our Payments team. Capturing legitimate customer payments with a high success rate, low cost, and minimal fraud is at the absolute core of Jet’s operations. The supporting systems and processes are an integral step between clicking the “buy” button and completing a transaction.
The ideal candidate loves working with data and interacting with people. He/she is an analytical problem solver who takes a dynamic approach to investigate issues and has demonstrated data-driven decision making to build and improve operational procedures. While strong analytical ability is a must, the ideal candidate must also demonstrate business acumen and be able to communicate effectively with all levels. He/she can present data insights to a diverse audience and is comfortable liaising with both internal and external constituents, from engineers to executive leadership.
Analytically Creative – when faced with a question, you consult the data. More importantly, when the answer is not immediately apparent or the data is unavailable, you figure out how to draw conclusions from other sources.
Decision-maker – you use your knowledge of the business and subject matter expertise to make informed decisions, providing evidence to validate your claims.
- Understand and be able to explain the transaction life cycle for payments; represent Payments as a subject matter expert within Jet
- Perform in-depth and on-going analysis of payments to track performance, identify opportunities, and steer our product road map
- Set up and monitor dashboards and scorecards for processes and partners that affect the payment and fraud lifecycles; use learnings to drive new features or improvements
- Cleanse and maintain integrity of payment data from multiple data sources
- Work with dependent company-wide teams to identify, analyze, and prioritize new features that improve the customer experience and/or reduce costs; lead such projects to completion
- Oversee implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of internal products and platforms, particularly our Payments interface for Customer Service
- Research new payment methods and develop business case for implementation on Jet, with an eye for improving the customer experience and increasing retention
- Bachelor’s degree from a rigorous undergraduate program with demonstrated high academic achievement
- 5+ years of work experience, at least 3 in a highly analytical role
- Must have strong proficiency in Excel and at least 2 years of experience writing and modifying complex queries in SQL or similar language (i.e. R, Python)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to liaise with different teams and individuals at different levels within the organization to drive change
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and/or self-directed and still hit core responsibilities and key deadlines
- Able to learn new systems and processes with little ramp up time
- Expert at MS SQL
- 2+ years of experience in the Payments industry with knowledge of standard procedures, industry trends, and emerging technology
- 2+ years of experience managing internal software products (ideally in eCommerce, consulting, banking)
- Retail and/or eCommerce experience
- Experience with data visualization tools (i.e. Klipfolio, Tableau, Looker)
About Walmart eCommerce
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the worlds largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Drive change. Make impact. Meet our family of brands: Bonobos, Hayneedle, Jet.com, Moosejaw, Modcloth, Parcel, SamsClub.com, Shoes.com, Vudu, Walmart, and growing