Senior Instructional Designer
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Retail
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1222438
What you'll do at
About the Role
The Retail Training Team is looking for an experienced Instructional Designer to support the design and development of training to accelerate key business initiatives.
This position within the Retail Training Team has an opportunity to change how the organization experiences training. You will be on the forefront of building and shaping a talented and capable pool of business leaders that can drive the vision and success of Walmart U.S. eCommerce!
This role will be responsible for the following:
• Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances the learner’s experience and changes behaviors
• Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and content
• Work with Walmart U.S. eCommerce subject matter experts to identify audience’s training needs
• Learn and apply tested instructional design theories, practice and methods
• Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc) in partnership with vendors or home office support
• Decide on the criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment instruments
• Design a variety of instructional materials including traditional instructor-led courses, online programs, web-based learning aids or products, and other programs as needed
• Redesign courses for online presentations that are conducive to distance learning audiences
• Recommend changes to existing courses, including technology or instructional methods
• Analyze courses to ensure they meet or exceed business expectations and ensure no learning gaps are present
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.