Associate Director, Digital Marketing - Everyday Living (Walmart.com)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Marketing
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1221773
What you'll do at
Walmart eCommerce is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. With some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission. Backed by the world’s largest retailer, Walmart eCommerce is a growing family of brands including Walmart, Jet, Hayneedle, Moosejaw, Shoes.com, and more. And we’re just getting started.
About the Job
As the Associate Director of Digital Marketing for the Everyday Living business, you will be a strategic partner to the retail team (category “CEO”’s) and category marketing team (category “CMO”s)), owning the digital marketing strategy and budget building, ensuring that the marketing KPIs are delivered.
You will be responsible for forecasting and tracking marketing KPIs and budget, partnering with category marketers to develop the yearly marketing strategy and working closely with channel owners to ensure digital marketing best practices are utilized and strategies are implemented.
In this highly cross-functional role you will report to the Head of Marketing for the Everyday Living business and lead a lean team focused on growing our base of active customers and their LTV. Your ultimate goals will be to acquire new customers in the most cost-effective way while retaining and increasing the LTV of our base.
- You’re a born digital marketer. You have deep knowledge of and passion for retail (specifically ecomm). You have a proven track record of managing a high performing marketing function, delivering on new customer and retention targets.
- You have a bias for action. You love to take risks and enjoy working collaboratively to create a vision and then execute on that vision.
- You thrive on understanding what makes people tick. You have a deep understanding of various digital marketing levers and how to use them to drive growth and profitability in ecommerce.
- You love data. You could spend hours getting lost in a spreadsheet, and can turn your analysis into tangible insights and strategies (and then implement them).
- You are curious and ambitious. You are never satisfied with the status quo and are constantly looking to learn, grow, and innovate.
- You’re a flexible team player. You have great business sense and know when to trust your gut. You’re customer obsessed.
- Partner with category marketing team to develop and implement yearly marketing strategies for the 4 EDL categories: Stock-Up trip, Parenthood, Beauty and health and Wellness
- Forecast revenue and track ongoing deployment of budget by media teams
- Continually reforecast based on performance and business needs
- Partner with category marketers to build outstanding lifecycle marketing tactics for onboarding, retention and winback segments
Insights & Analytics:
- Track and share key marketing and business KPIs (traffic, conversion, revenue, ROAS, CPA, etc.), providing insights for fast decision making by the retail and media teams
- Establish and maintain expert knowledge of the latest digital marketing innovations
- Develop a deep understanding of consumer habits (online and offline) and act as an internal advocate for innovative solutions and marketing campaigns that will acquire and retain the best customers
- Support category marketers with strategic and analytical insights that will help them deliver on the shared KPIs
- Build a high performing marketing team, that is seen as a strong strategic partner to both the retail organization and the cross-functional teams (category marketers, internal media agency, creative and product teams, etc.)
- Manage and mentor team of digital marketing managers (acquisition and retention)
- 8+ years relevant experience in B2C ecommerce marketing.
- Experience in both direct response and brand marketing. Hands on knowledge of marketing disciplines: acquisition, retention, brand, media, creative, content, product marketing and partnerships.
- Proven leadership and people development skills, as well as experience working and influencing cross functionally.
- Expertise in leveraging digital marketing, social, mobile, and new media to engage customers and transform brand and customer experience.
- Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, make quick decisions and measure impact to the business.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Risk-taker, comfortable in fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects, priorities.
- Knowledge of and interest in ecommerce customer behavior, retail, and fashion in particular.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record. MBA a plus.