Planning Manager 2
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Retail
- Team Home
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1221555
What you'll do at
As Planning Manager 2, you are a key thought partner to a GM and you are responsible for overseeing and implementing financial and multi-channel integration strategies for a strategic business unit. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you work with your Planning Specialists to assess and synthesize retail trends, develop and manage complex projects, and deliver on financial targets – all with the ultimate goal of a “win-win” for our customers and Walmart.com. You will lead associates in development opportunities to help them grow as individuals, work as a team, and better serve our customers and business goals.
You won’t do this alone. You will manage a world-class team of collaborative colleagues who have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale and with the customer perspective first.
- Thought partner for GM.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams across the organization (Category Management, Site. Merchandising, Finance, Marketing) to develop category financial plans and budgets.
- Manages forecast meetings, processes and decision making for a moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Reviews vendor forecasts to ensure alignment to strategy for moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Reviews sales and profit forecasts against actual results to ensure key financial metrics on the category P&L are met and works in junction with the category team to adjust and deliver the plan.
- Directs team to model, analyze and evaluate impact of key variables on business performance.
- Provides expertise and input into models, analysis, and evaluation of the impact of key variables. (e.g., assortment, shipping, promotions, rollbacks, seasonal campaigns) which will drive business performance.
- Partners with senior leadership in Planning to develop and implement category financial strategies and budgets.
- Partners with category team to develop long range joint business plans for key suppliers.
- Manages demand plans/inventory strategies for moderately-to-highly complex category.
- Oversees the analysis, risk assessment and modeling on inventory plans and approves inventory projections and buying strategies.
- Builds and leads a team to execute on business area or category objectives.
- Coaches team members and provides feedback to enhance skills, knowledge and work performance.
- Has performance and career development conversations.
- Maintains team motivation and engagement.
- Mentors Planning specialists and Planning Managers.
- 6 - 9 years of experience in planning and buying, replenishment, finance or related field required.
- Advanced Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or equivalent experience.