Planning Specialist 2, Home
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Home
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1221533
What you'll do at
As a Planning Specialist 2 you are a key thought partner for the category managers and are responsible for managing sales, profit and inventory plans for a merchandise category. Creativity and agility will be paramount as you identify retail trends and synthesize information from multiple touch points – providing financial plans and supporting business solutions in a fast-paced, multi-dimensional environment.
You won’t do this alone. You will work within a world-class team of collaborative colleagues and have access to industry-leading merchandising tools and technology to help you analyze and interpret customer, partner, market, business and financial insights at scale.
- Thought partner for Category Managers.
- Analyzes performance against financial plans and forecast (sales by channel, profit, marketing) for category.
- Summarizes key performance metrics (e.g., in-stock, inventory turnover, return on investment, sales, margin, channel mix).
- Understands business drivers and seasonality of specific categories and items.
- Provides input into category budgets, season buy plans and line review financials.
- Identification of key items and suppliers, including forecast variance to inform Category Planning Manager.
- Forecasts new and seasonal items, special buys and product launches.
- Support OTB forecasting for category.
- Coordinates and completes demand plans for suppliers and models future buying and inventory plans.
- Assists in the development of buying and inventory strategies for the category.
- Analyzes and communicates seasonal inventory flow plans to ensure customer demand is met.
- Assists in the placement and validation of orders within a category for key items
- 1 - 3 years of experience in planning, buying, replenishment, finance or related field required.
- Advanced Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree.