Director, Fashion Marketing (Walmart.com)
- Location HOBOKEN, NJ
- Department Marketing
- Team Marketing Analytics & Insights
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1214818
What you'll do at
About the Job
The Retail Marketing team owns the go-to-market strategy for categories and seasonal moments on Walmart.com. Partnering with the Retail team (category “CEO”’s), we (category “CMO”’s) build and execute innovative marketing plans based on our deep understanding of our customer’s needs and shopping missions by category. We’re charged driving customer acquisition, retention, and profitability.
As the Director of Fashion Marketing, you’ll be responsible for developing, evolving, and executing the Fashion marketing vision and strategy on Walmart.com. You will work together with the Fashion Retail organization and the media, creative, retention, partnerships and product teams to create and launch marketing for the rapidly expanding and evolving category. You will be a leader in a unique, hybrid marketing role, liaising heavily with many cross-functional partners to bring your vision to life (Merchandising, Pricing, and Key Brand Partners) and to ultimately increase awareness, adoption, and retention for Fashion on Walmart.com.
You’re a seasoned marketer with deep knowledge of and passion for retail (specifically ecomm) and fashion. You love to take risks and enjoy working collaboratively to create a vision and then execute on that vision. You have a deep understanding of various marketing levers and how to use them to drive growth and profitability in ecommerce. You have a creative eye, can write a killer creative brief, and know a winning ad campaign when you see it. You also live for data, could spend hours getting lost in a spreadsheet, and can turn your analysis into tangible insights and strategies (and then implement them). You are never satisfied with the status quo and are constantly looking to learn, grow, and innovate. You live and breathe marketing and can go from chatting about media plans to partnerships to brand strategy to site experience in one conversation. You’re a flexible team player. You have great business sense and know when to trust your gut. You’re customer and fashion obsessed.
- Partner with the Retail team to build a world class fashion shopping experience through the creation of innovative and results-driven marketing strategies and on-site/in-app experiences and solutions.
- Grow the fashion category with a focus on driving awareness, acquisition, retention and profitability for Walmart.com. Liaise heavily with media, brand, retention and partnerships teams to meet business objectives.
- Be creative, take risks: Work with design, retail, and product to build breakthrough innovations to drive category adoption and growth.
- Build, track, and monitor marketing campaigns and performance; manage campaigns (leveraging various internal marketing teams and agencies when needed); create and track to forecast and budget.
- Develop a deep understanding of consumer habits in fashion (online and offline) and act as an internal advocate for innovative solutions and marketing campaigns that will acquire and retain the best customers.
- Ideate on and share results cross-functionally, constantly. Act as ambassador for Fashion marketing across Walmart.com cross-functional teams.
- Establish and maintain expert knowledge of the latest innovations and opportunities impacting the marketing landscape and our partners.
- 8-10 years relevant experience in B2C ecommerce marketing. Fashion experience required.
- Experience in both direct response and brand marketing. Knowledge of marketing disciplines: acquisition, retention, brand, media, creative, content, product marketing and partnerships.
- Proven leadership and people development skills, as well as experience working and influencing cross functionally.
- Expertise in leveraging digital marketing, social, mobile, and new media to engage customers and transform brand and customer experience.
- Proven ability to work with data to understand and analyze performance, optimize plans, make quick decisions and measure impact to the business.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with a high attention to detail.
- Sharp creative eye, experience testing and learning messaging and creative.
- Risk-taker, comfortable in fast-paced environment; go-getter, capable of managing multiple projects, priorities.
- Knowledge of and interest in ecommerce customer behavior, retail, and fashion in particular.
- BA/BS degree with strong academic record. MBA a plus.