Technical Operations Manager
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1211790
What you'll do at
Walmart Media Group is seeking a full time Technical Ad Operations Manager to join our growing self-service sponsored search team. This is a newly constructed pod with Product, Engineering, Sales, & we are searching for a group of Ad Operations Managers who will help onboard, troubleshoot, Q&A, and also drive high performance optimization for our partners.
The primary objective is to drive the entire workflow for our self-service customers which include:
• Providing technical sales support to many advertisers and customers
• Providing training and guidance to those who are utilizing our platform for the first time.
• Creating documentation and helping to troubleshoot ad campaigns when issues arise for advertisers.
• Optimize campaigns and monitor them daily to ensure there are no performance issues and we generate high return on advertising spend.
• Assisting with trafficking ad campaigns and help with designing or providing recommendations to the client.
• Experience with third-party ad-serving systems: Doubleclick, Mediaplex, DG MediaMind, Atlas. Experience with rich media solutions: Doubleclick RM, Mediaplex RM, DG MediaMind, Pointroll, Flashtalking, etc.
The Tech Ops Manager will work as part of a larger pod or sub-team and be willing to take on a number of role with the focus of driving advertiser or customer satisfaction.
• Experience in 4+ years of Ad Operations, Ads Engineering, or Marketing / Media Buying.
• Own the process of ad traffic optimization using proprietary tools, providing support for the Sales and Account Management team, and conducting deep client analysis focusing on growth.
• Leverage data using SQL to quickly troubleshoot any issues that arise and impact the performance of the campaign for advertisers.
• Provide technical support for all involved in the campaign whether internally or externally, including engineering.
• Prioritize effectively and determine which initiatives to deliver first based on quantitative reasoning and rationale.
• Evaluate and make decisions on campaign spend rates, user quality, creative performance, and marketplace opportunities.
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel, Tableau or any dashboarding tools like Tableau, Thoughtspot, or Domo.
• Dive into investigations and communicate outcomes to management and leadership teams.
• Ability to work in a hack culture, producing immediate and real-time results on critical tasks that require focus.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering.
• Great communication & presentation skills.