Systems and Tools Specialist
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1211719
What you'll do at
Walmart Media Group’s Operations team is hiring an Internal Systems and Tools Specialist that will be responsible to understand, communicate, and to discover ways we can scale or improve operational efficiency. He or she will need to be able to understand how all the Walmart and partner systems interact through the life of the media campaign and reporting deliverables.
Internal Systems and Tools specialist will closely work the System and Internal Tools Manager to maintains close relationships with the Engineering, Product partners, 3rd party partners, that are necessary to develop and improve advertising products and internal tools. We are champions of the internal tools, data schema, and data architecture, He or she will be advocating for feature requests and offering product improvements backed by data-driven insights.
The Internal Systems and Tools plays a key role in Walmart Media Group’s success, supporting Operations, Sales teams, advertisers, and products that enhance business growth potential, while driving the strategy and technology behind the online advertising and platform products we offer, focusing on providing scalable product solutions and reliable information, based on consultative analysis and timely communications.
As a System and Internal Tools Specialist, you'll be responsible for planning, documenting system workflows, designing data schemas, and coordinating efforts across multiple teams, such as Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Category Merchants, and Sales.
- Communicate and proper resolutions of system challenges within specific timelines
- Train internal Walmart Media Group team members on relevant Walmart Systems
- Build relationships and gather feedback across key stakeholders to improve Internal tools
- Document system workflows, 3rd party integrations flows, and data schemas for internal stakeholders
- Work closely with the Internal Systems and Tools Manager to build a strategy around how to improve operational efficiencies across CRM, Order Management system, and advertising systems to maximize service to advertisers
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with planning, designing, and documenting system workflows, 3rd party integrations flows, and data schemas for internal stakeholders
- Understanding of technical design; with the ability to pick up technical concepts quickly and learn when to apply them
- Ability to work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders; excellent communication, relationship building, and collaboration skills.
- Excellent data analysis skills, with the ability to pull from many different data sources and provide insights on that data.
- Experience with one of the following programming languages (MySQL or R)
- Some experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Sqoop, or Spark
- Experience working in a technical capacity, or directly with Product Management and Engineering.
- Knowledge of AdTech, advertising, or online ads landscape
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.