Category Manager, Household
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Retail
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1206723
What you'll do at
The Category Manager – Household Electronics & Outdoor, is the business owner of an assortment of household products across categories including Outdoor Consumables (e.g. landscaping, plants, pest control) and Household Electronics (e.g. batteries, light bulbs). The Category Manager is responsible for these product categories across the suite of Walmart US eCommerce websites – including Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle and more.
Your uptimate goal is to oversee a team to expand your business, grow its profitability, and make our sites the most compelling destination online to shop your assortment. This position reports directly to the General Manager for Household & Personal Care.
Challenges you’ll be tackling:
Own the Houserhold Electronics & Outdoor category – end to end – across all our ecommerce brands: You will be responsible for the performance of your category across all of Walmart’s Ecommerce brands (Walmart.com, Jet, Hayneedle) – and be responsible for assortment, financial performance, merchandising, and pricing.
Build a best in class customer experience: You will be working alongside Site and Creative teams to determine what your category looks like, how products are sourced, found, displayed, delivered, and finally, marketed to our millions of customers around the USA!
Managing and inspiring a team of category experts: You will be a part of hiring, managing and inspiring our category experts, some fresh out of college, who will own subcategories within your categories and allow you to deliver an amazing customer experience for every product we sell across all our channels. Your category specialists will be mini-GMs, and you will manage them and ensure they are helping you build our Household & Personal Care experience!
- Own category financial targets and KPIs (e.g. GMV and margin), and identify (and execute upon) levers to achieve those targets
- Evolve and elevate the category’s assortment strategy through in-market expertise and identifying assortment gaps and opportunities
- Optimize the product sourcing mix across manufacturers, distributors and third-party retailers
- Work with planning and supply chain partners to manage owned inventory in your category
- Plan for and manage seasonal demand fluctuations in your categories
- Own vendor relationships, including negotiating product costs and supplier funding
- Ensure holistic price competitiveness/adherence
- Manage on-site product presentation and catalog data, and drive requirements into the search and browse experience – Taxonomy, Navigation, Tagging, Attributes
- Collaborate with marketing and creative teams on category messaging
- Manage and inspire a team of category specialists and experts
How you’ll know it’s right:
- If you like owning something and being accountable for its outcomes…
- If you can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways…
- If you want to do things in our industry that have not been done…
- If you understand that without risk there is no reward…
- If you want to run your own company one day…
- 6+ years of proven experience in retail; eCommerce experience preferred
- 4+ years of managerial experience preferred
- Strong analytical skillset; ability to identify relevant data sources and extract insights from data
- Sound commercial acumen; track record of developing and executing strategies aligned to business goals, and taking calculated risks while appropriately managing trade-offs
- Proven track record of establishing and developing business relationships, and in complex negotiations
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Our mission on the Household & Personal Care team is to make fulfilling everyday household needs effortless. We want to build a world where busy families no longer take time out of their week to drive to the store, but rather simply speak a request, click a button on their computer, or respond to a text on their phone to have these essentails delivered to their doorstep. We want to save them time and money.
If this mission sounds exciting to you, come join us!
Walmart Ecommerce is changing the way the world shops. Our team of builders, thinkers, risk-takers, and dreamers is pushing the boundaries to create a world-class shopping experience that saves customers every penny possible. To win, we need people like YOU: curious, determined, and outrageously passionate. Sound like a fit? Let’s make a date.