Product Manager - Ads, New Initiatives
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1203023
What you'll do at
We’re looking for a Product Manager to help reimagine the way we empower brand advertisers to reach and activate their audiences. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role building compelling, impactful advertising solutions such as fully self-serve platforms to provide campaign automation and management, full funnel campaign targeting and measurement solutions designed to support the needs of the world’s largest brands by helping shoppers discover, research and buy from leading brands across properties such as Walmart, Jet, Moosejaw etc.
If you’re excited about leveraging Walmart’s audience data to design, develop and manage the next wave of innovative, this will be an exciting career move for you. To be successful in this role you will need to be creative, innovative, data driven, influencer, problem solver and great communicator.
- Grow our advertising revenue by identifying new opportunities, developing strategic programs and executing upon those strategies by delivering new advertising solutions for our customers
- Partner with internal advertising sales team and Walmart retail teams to create unique, compelling experiences that benefit shoppers and our advertising clients
- Drive product requirement definitions, research, metrics analysis, technical specifications, development, testing, KPIs and other launch efforts
- Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences
- Manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way and willing to do what it takes to make our product successful.
- Research the digital marketing ecosystem and players (including advertising partners, agencies, technology partners, and competitors) in order to inform product priorities
- Bachelor's degree required/MBA a huge plus!
- 5+ years in product management, digital ad sales and/or marketing
- Online display advertising industry experience and/or previous sales/business development/publisher experience are highly desired. Experience with custom solutions is a plus!
- Passionate about advertising and have experience creating compelling solutions that work both for end-users and advertisers.
- Passionate about generating big, creative ideas for online media, growing the business and working with advertisers and agencies to build innovative products
- Sound business judgment as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize.
- Must be able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, proven ability to influence others internally and externally
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimaging the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.