Manager of PR and Communications
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1203019
What you'll do at
We are looking for a highly collaborative and organized media relations lead for the Walmart Media Group to support, manage and develop external communications for our advertising business. Someone who is passionate about framing a story around innovations in the advertising space and who can expertly work with both internal and external teams to disseminate that story.
As the Manager of PR & Communications, you will be responsible for developing a roadmap for external communications, supporting Walmart Media Group leadership in preparing their communications (i.e. presentations, press releases, interviews), and managing and implementing PR campaigns in the advertising space. You will also develop an in-depth understanding about Walmart’s advertising competitors and the market to best determine your communications plan.
Most importantly, you’ll play an instrumental role in the continued development of one of Walmart’s fastest growing businesses, helping to redefine how brands connect with consumers in the place where it matters the most! Every day we work with hundreds of brands, reach millions of customers and influence billions in sales (so there is a lot of opportunity here).
- Develop and manage the execution of external messages focusing on innovations behind Walmart’s advertising business.
- Support and council to Walmart Media Group executives for external communications (i.e. press releases, interviews, conference speaking engagements and presentations)
- Manage campaigns and implement PR strategies that deliver strong results against a key set of objectives
- Write, develop and manage approvals for news releases, media advisories, fact sheets and related materials
- Research and integrate news, trends and compelling stories for our advertising business
- Develop an in-depth understanding of competitive media activity and how the industry is reacting to different players in the market
- Partner with Walmart communications team to ensure consistency of messaging and alignment with overall Walmart stories
- Effectively represent Walmart Media Group and its leadership in external communication activities
- Build and maintain relations with key players internally and in the market
- Coordinate approvals for content for all in-market materials (where required), across key internal stakeholders
- Establish a communications roadmap, KPIs and strong rigor behind our external communications strategy
- 4+ years’ experience in both proactive and reactive media relations in an advertising or marketing field
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Strong organization, attention to detail, verbal and written communicator
- Ability to look at raw information and turn it into a sellable story
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset but able to work well in larger organizations
- Highly collaborative
- Media relationships in the advertising industry a plus!
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are re imagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.