Manager, External Marketing and Communications-Walmart Media Group
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Walmart Media Group
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1203019
What you'll do at
We are looking for a highly collaborative and organized communications lead for the Walmart Media Group to support, manage and develop external communications for our advertising business. Someone who is passionate about framing a story around innovations in the advertising space and who can expertly partner with our corporate communications, PR agency and in-market partners to disseminate that story.
As the Manager of External Marketing & Communications, you will be responsible for developing a roadmap for market communications supporting Walmart Media Group leadership in preparing their messaging (i.e. presentations, press releases, interviews), and managing and implementing earned campaigns in the advertising space (in partnership with Walmart’s corporate communications team). You will also develop an in-depth understanding about Walmart’s advertising competitors and the market to best determine your communications approach. You will also coordinate the overall approvals of content in sales and marketing materials to ensure Walmart is in compliance with public messaging.
Most importantly, you’ll play an instrumental role in the continued development of one of Walmart’s fastest growing businesses, helping to redefine how brands connect with consumers in the place where it matters the most! Every day we work with hundreds of brands, reach millions of customers and influence billions in sales (so there is a lot of opportunity here).
Specially, we’re looking for ambitious, fun, entrepreneurial, people-oriented folks who are truly willing to roll up their sleeves to solve business challenges in creative and structured ways (no lie, you might not have sleeves by the end of this).
- Develop and manage the execution of external messages focusing on innovations behind Walmart’s advertising business and key differentiators
- Partner closely with Walmart’s corporate communications and marketing teams to ensure consistency of messaging and alignment with overall Walmart stories
- Manage campaigns and implement earned marketing and communications strategies that deliver strong results against a key set of objectives
- Manage a calendar of events with Walmart Media Group leadership attendees
- Support and council Walmart Media Group leadership on market messaging (i.e. interviews, speaking engagements, presentations, sales conferences)
- Research and integrate news, trends and compelling stories for our advertising business. Develop an in-depth understanding of competitive media activity and how the industry is reacting to different players in the market
- Write, develop and manage approvals for blog content, news releases, media advisories, fact sheets and related materials (in partnership with corporate communications and potential agency support)
- Effectively represent Walmart Media Group and its leadership in external communication activities
- Build and maintain relations with key players internally and in the market
- Coordinate approvals for content for all public materials (where required), across key internal stakeholders
- Establish an earned marketing roadmap, KPIs and strong rigor behind our messaging
- 4+ years’ experience in earned marketing or communications
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, or related field
- Strong organization, attention to detail, verbal and written communicator
- Ability to look at raw information and turn it into a sellable story
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset but able to work well in larger organizations
- Highly collaborative
- Media relationships in the advertising industry a plus!
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are re imagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.