Category Manager, Garden Tools and Accessories
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department Retail
- Team Home
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1202876
What you'll do at
Want to help change the future of online commerce? Want to help millions of people create living spaces that they love? The Home Group at Walmart eCommerce (Walmart.com, Jet.com, Hayneedle) is building a new type of customer-centric shopping experience at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology to help you find and buy things you love for your home.
We are looking for an exceptional Category Manager to manage and grow the Garden Tools and Accessories business, using levers across merchandising, marketing and product technology to drive GMV and profit results. Your ultimate goal is to build a strategy that will win market share, identify and develop talent within your direct reports & closely track your suite of products – determining competitive pricing that lives up to our brand promise, analyzing marketplace trends to identify new opportunities for the future, improving the customer experience through findability & securing marketing support for your key initiatives.
In this position, you’ll get to …
- Manage a business and bring the “art” to the “science” – using your intuition and expertise fueled by data, analytics and, above all, a passion for helping our customers save money and live better.
- Develop our people and lead a team of category specialists, driving skill development growth & continuous learning across entire direct report team.
- Give customers what they want and deliver best-in-class assortment & end-to-end customer experience in the market. You will Partner with internal teams across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, and Customer Care to deliver a world-class customer-centric shopping experience.
- Drive Operating Efficiencies to continuously improve processes, data integrity, and systems to deliver operating leverage in how we do business.
- Develop a strategy to substantially grow this category, including leveraging the enterprise’s (Walmart, Jet, Hayneedle) advantages to build scalable high growth businesses around immediate and emerging opportunities.
- Build a best in class customer experience for this category.
- Develop assortment, pricing, merchandising, marketing & product strategies to deliver to sales & profit goals & grow market share for your category.
- Drive team of category specialists to execute your strategies & iterate as needed, using effective communication & clear strategies.
- Determine white space in assortment/brands & secure partnerships to cover these using national brands or private brand partners.
- Own vendor relationships & strategically drive vendors to create unique assortments, deliver best-in-market pricing & ensure fast delivery.
- Build aspirational product stories & marketing assets, working with marketing partners to build traffic drivers for distinct customer profiles.
- Build best-in-class item content for entire assortment through efficient item set-up management.
Who You Are:
- You are a world-class operator and possess a unique combination of business acumen, product knowledge, analytical skills and problem-solving abilities.
- You can drive results and solve problems in fun and creative ways.
- You are a good negotiator and relationship builder with external business partners.
- You love data and have a strong analytical bent with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
- You are a Team builder: You are a strong coach and mentor with a track record of building, driving and managing a high performing team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, retail or related field OR 4 years of experience in business, retail or related field
- 4 years of proven experience in merchandise, forecasting and product selection
- 3 years managing an ecommerce business, with specific experience related to marketing and site optimization
- 1-2 years developing strong business relationships with vendors and industry leaders
- 1 year of experience managing people