Associate Manager, Site Merchandising
- Location SAN BRUNO, CA
- Department -
- Team -
- Employment Type -
- Position -
- Requisition GH1201407
What you'll do at
What you'll do
• Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Site Merchandising and applies this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans to improve customer experience and conversion
• Maintain a strong vision for future site improvements driven by passion for delighting our customers
• Exhibits strong aptitude of competitive landscape and leverages to drive business improvements
• Develops and plans the visual merchandising and seasonal site strategies of departments and campaigns leveraging customer based analytics
• Influences cross-functional business leaders in establishing business objectives and goals
• Identifies and establishes department-, category-, or campaign-level key performance indicators (KPIs), benchmarks, and forecasts; partners with the retail analytics team
• Tests and evaluate the effectiveness of merchandising strategies; refines as part of continuous improvement process
• Encourages an environment of operational excellence and flawless execution to achieve a best in class site experience
• Manages the continuous analysis of patterns and recommends modification of site features to category managers to fit the needs of the customer.
• Oversees the visual merchandising presentation to best respond to customer demand and convert visits into sales.
• Directs the display of and approves product attributes, images and content, and ensures proper taxonomy and attribution; Understands market best practices for visual merchandise displays and builds plans to reflect first class presentation of products within categories.
• Monitors site presentation and traffic and modifies visual presentation as necessary based on customer changing behaviors
• Reviews reports of site traffic and patterns and performs insightful analytics to determine areas for optimization to drive conversion rates.
• Serves as an advisor and partner to category manager, identifying potential enhancements or changes based on knowledge of the category, industry trends and customer behaviors.
• Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Provides direction to creative team
- Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant retail experience
- Technical background with a strong creative element
- Very strong background in merchandising, and a passion for the visual aesthetics for the layout of the site
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable making data-driven decisions
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a cross-functional team and willingness to take on responsibilities outside primary job description when necessary
- Assertive, adaptable and demonstrates initiative in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Keen attention to details
- Experience with writing creative briefs is a plus
The Walmart US eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world’s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.